Sitting at work today , Bored . And i had and idea for a feature for the game

Basically i was day dreaming about stuff as you do and i got onto the subject of fm . I was thinking about when i play lower teams and i go looking for young players on a free . You dont really ever get a surprise , players have potential set low and thats it . I then got thinking about players who slip through the net in real life , things dont work out for them at there first club but a change of scenery makes all the difference when they get released and after a few years of the radar they start to get themselves noticed and into the big time again . So how about players having the ability to have a boost to there potential when they get released and start training in new surroundings ? at the moment young players seem to black and white for me . Players do make massive jumps in ability as they get older theres a good few late bloomers about .

• 2 weeks later...

That should be possible without having to change the CA/PA system.

A players PA shouldn't change, but clubs should make mistakes and release players they don't think will make it.

I'm sure it must happen occasionally in game already?

That should be possible without having to change the CA/PA system.

A players PA shouldn't change, but clubs should make mistakes and release players they don't think will make it.

I'm sure it must happen occasionally in game already?

I don't usually look at editors so not sure but I can always tell if a player has a high PA, not because his attributes raise noticeably faster but simply because their value rises faster than other players on their level.

I don't know what the correlation is between CA/PA and player value but it seems rather silly.

It might seem silly, but to a certain extent, it's right. Take Rooney for example, at 16 (before he'd even played a first team game), his value was probably far higher than pretty much any other 16 year old in the world, because of how good he could potentially become.

And there's no need to change the PA/CA system, all that's needed is more variation in how players develop towards their PA, so some players stagnate, some players develop later in their careers and so on.

Big thumbs up needs a hardcore redo! At the moment a player never seems to graduate up the leagues, only downwards. For example, you rarely see a Championship club raiding League One/Two clubs which happens a fair bit in real life - or even L2 to Prem e.g.: Jon Stead.

Edit: Just to add, I often like buying players from Lower Leagues, which is generally why I end up doing crap! :-D

The CA/PA system doesn't need to be changed in the slightest. It's the development model that needs improving, allowing for much a more varied level of development for players so that you see some players that develop quickly and become stars (Messi etc), some that develop quickly and but peak very early (Jeffers) and some that only become well known much later in their careers (Toni). None of this would require a change to the PA system, just to the development model, and with the sounds of it, this MAY be happening.

It might seem silly, but to a certain extent, it's right. Take Rooney for example, at 16 (before he'd even played a first team game), his value was probably far higher than pretty much any other 16 year old in the world, because of how good he could potentially become.

And there's no need to change the PA/CA system, all that's needed is more variation in how players develop towards their PA, so some players stagnate, some players develop later in their careers and so on.

He had to show great potential to achieve this, I get regens who are absolute crap with several attributes important to their position being well below standard yet because their PA is high their value just goes up and up and teams chase that striker with 9 accel, and 8 fin instead of the same aged striker whose leading my youth team in goals with 17 accel and 10 fin.

I just have been completely unimpressed with the CA/PA system for years and I surely hope they improve it by leaps and bounds within the next couple of releases.

yeah I heard Nostradamus told that some crazy looking Everton fella will be really good football playerin the beggining of 21st century

yeah I heard Nostradamus told that some crazy looking Everton fella will be really good football playerin the beggining of 21st century

LMAO

Funniest comment I've heard in so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still can't stop laughing as I write this!!

The CA/PA system doesn't need to be changed in the slightest. It's the development model that needs improving, allowing for much a more varied level of development for players so that you see some players that develop quickly and become stars (Messi etc), some that develop quickly and but peak very early (Jeffers) and some that only become well known much later in their careers (Toni). None of this would require a change to the PA system, just to the development model, and with the sounds of it, this MAY be happening.

Agree with this completely. The more variation the better. Would also be nice to see players who peek, dip, peek over the course of their career.

The CA/PA system is fine, AI just needs to make bad signings and judgements more often.

Archived