Is there going to be any new playble leagues in FM 2009

Can I ask why people want these leagues?

I can understand (for example) the J league if you are Japanese, but what is the attraction for new leagues?

It's not a criticism - I just don't get the attraction....

I always wanted to play in the USL...and it's overdue. I see real players on most USL clubs but they are unplayable. Loans from MLS can't develop properly.:(

Can I ask why people want these leagues?

I can understand (for example) the J league if you are Japanese, but what is the attraction for new leagues?

It's not a criticism - I just don't get the attraction....

Maybe more people will buy the game from, say, Ecuador if the Ecuadorian league is included so it's win-win. If anyone can give me two reasons why having more leagues would be detrimental to the game then I'm all ears (or eyes).

I'm amazed that SI haven't given us the ability to add our own leagues manually when FIFA Manager has had it for 2 years.

Maybe more people will buy the game from, say, Ecuador if the Ecuadorian league is included so it's win-win. If anyone can give me two reasons why having more leagues would be detrimental to the game then I'm all ears (or eyes).

I'm amazed that SI haven't given us the ability to add our own leagues manually when FIFA Manager has had it for 2 years.

Costs and resources (non-cost...ie time) vs demand.

There you go?

Costs and resources (non-cost...ie time) vs demand.

There you go?

You don't have to live in a country to enjoy paying a league. I too would like to see the J-League as I have played that in the past an enjoyed it. Another factor is that if you play a league in a region, as I love to play the Australian A-League, it adds to the realism when you play in competitions against these teams and they have the correct rosters. My team Adelaide United plays in the Asian Champions League and there is alway two or three Japanese teams in that competition. I can't believe in a country the size of Japan that SI can't get researchers.

Bring on the J-League I say

You don't have to live in a country to enjoy paying a league. I too would like to see the J-League as I have played that in the past an enjoyed it. Another factor is that if you play a league in a region, as I love to play the Australian A-League, it adds to the realism when you play in competitions against these teams and they have the correct rosters. My team Adelaide United plays in the Asian Champions League and there is alway two or three Japanese teams in that competition. I can't believe in a country the size of Japan that SI can't get researchers.

Bring on the J-League I say

This still comes down to one of my reasons, cost. Need to buy the liscences for J League.Which is owned by someone else (not sure who tbh)

i'd love to see the middle eastern leauges (saudi & UAE mainly), but, as long as the editor is there those leagues will exist for me!

Would be interesting.

Middle-Eastern countries are super-rich due to Man-City-Esque Oil-wealth, yet, you'd struggle to buy any players due to the club reps.

Would certainly be an interesting challenge.

You could probably get the likes of Kevin Philips and Jay-Jay Okocha....

The more leagues the better, no one has to play any that they don't want but it can only make more people happy as their leagues get added to the game.

As for the cost/resource v's demand point above it's not relevant as the players are added by researchers who as far as i know aren't paid by SI for their work so it would cost nothing and take next to no time to add more leagues.

So we com to the konklution that we want more Asian teams specially J-league and in the middle east.

The playeres are allready researched. there are even many low-division Iranian teams in the game with all the players researchd but they are just not playble.

I would love to see the league of Uzbekistan in the game, another one to add to the Asian Champions League also, as then i could manage FC Bunyodkor the super rich team who were reportedly close to signing Samuel Eto. Although this did not happen the have recently signed Rivaldo on a two-year contract and also have Zico as manager so are an interesting challenge, esspecially because of their close link with Barcelona. Its justed an added feature that would bring fun to a lot of players who like to experience world football on their game.

If you check out the editor you will see that most of the teams across the world have their correct rosters. I recently checked out Anorthosis Famagusta (Cypriot team) and their roster was 90% correct. So the players are there, if SEGA got their finger out they could quite easily acquire a dozen more licenses for leagues.

Correct.

PES has got at least that one over EA.

Yes, but if they have the J League license they should at least put the J League in Pro Evo. The more teams the better in that game. Because otherwise the license is wasted if we can't have it in Pro Evo or Football Manager.

I know it's off topic but I downloaded the demo today and it's great. No doubt it'll knock the spots off FIFA.

I'd love to see a playable fourth level in Belgium. There are a lot of clubs there which would give an interesting challenge, and also some with a history in the higher leagues... it'd be great to bring a team like Berchem or a major city like Hasselt back to the top :)

I asked this in the thread regarding the video and didn't get an answer.

If you count the number of leagues in FM08 and then listen to what Miles says about the number in FM09 while sitting in the legoland stadium, you'll find there's an additional league in FM09. I have no idea if it's just a mistake in the numbers or there actually is a new league alas, because I didn't get a reply :(

Yes, but if they have the J League license they should at least put the J League in Pro Evo. The more teams the better in that game. Because otherwise the license is wasted if we can't have it in Pro Evo or Football Manager.

I know it's off topic but I downloaded the demo today and it's great. No doubt it'll knock the spots off FIFA.

I believe the J. League is only available in the Japanese version of PES.

• SI Staff
I always wanted to play in the USL...and it's overdue. I see real players on most USL clubs but they are unplayable. Loans from MLS can't develop properly.:(

Nobody would like playable USL more than me....keep making noise....squeaky wheel and all that....

I asked this in the thread regarding the video and didn't get an answer.

If you count the number of leagues in FM08 and then listen to what Miles says about the number in FM09 while sitting in the legoland stadium, you'll find there's an additional league in FM09. I have no idea if it's just a mistake in the numbers or there actually is a new league alas, because I didn't get a reply :(

Aren't there 51 leagues in 08 and in the video for 09, wan't it mentioned that there will be 51 leagues. I'm hope I'm wrong though as I'd love a new league or two, especially an African league.

Long time reader, first time posting (beta tester for fml)

I am sure it will probably be that last league added, but i really wish i could play the honduran league, just the first division.

They should at least let u add a league unto the game using the editor into a region.

For example i want the Honduran league, i can do all the work and add it for myself, and even share it, alot like the option file in PES.

That way we could all get leagues that we would want in the future.

MAYBE Miles will hear us.

There are more good Brazilian players playing in Qatar and the UAE than in the likes of Netherlands, and other 2nd/3rd tier Euro leagues.

True. Middle-Eastern clubs always come shopping in Brazil. Usually they get some pretty decent players that are very attracted to the prospect of being financially independent. They don't care that much that the general level is abysmal. If you think about it, it's strange that a man like Tcheco never played in topteam from European 2nd tier leagues... unless you compare pay cheques.

qatar would be nice

also more african clubs:

Marocco

Tunesia

Egypt

Nigeria

Ivory Coast

European:

Lithuenia

albania

Montenegro

Macedonia

Moldavia

Luxemburg

(all european countries must be added)

America:

Canada

Honduras

Bolivia

Venezuela

Asia:

Qatar

Saudi Arabia

UEA

Thailand

So Si had to do a lot of research ;-)

I'll reiterate what I've been saying for about the last 3 or 4 years I'd like to see the Ryman, Unibond and BGB Leagues added please, along with maybe the next level down in the Welsh Leagues to make it more playable.

Definitely agree with that one! I had to edit King's Lynn in previously and although i wont have to on FM 09 it is annoying not to go down that extra level.

I'd like to see the Ecuadorian league...or an easier way to create or replace one, since the editor does not make it easy to do this.....i created an ecuadorian league replacing the turkish league and it took forever until i got all the last position and relegation/promotion teams right.

just my two cents anyway.....:)

The fact LDU won Copa Libertadores and Ecuador played in the last two WCs and beat Brazil and Argentina in a regular basis (at home at least) should be enough reasons to add it.

The same can be said about Paraguay as Libertad have done pretty well in Copa Libertadores in recent years and Olimpia won it 3 times and their national team played the 1998, 2002 and 2006 WCs and will almost surely qualify for 2010 as Paraguay at the moment have the best national team in South America even though they don't have any Kaká or Messi.

Surely this close to the games release date the contracts would be signed and they could put us all out of our misery and let us know what leagues are in the new game. I would love to see either more team in Asia (yet again I say bring back the J-League - or include a japanese league with fake team names if you can't get the rights. We can fix via the editor) or some of the Middle Eastern teams.

BTW can't wait to see the demo! I hope they have a few options for quick start games. It would be good to have a few more than just the big leagues. Please give us an Australian A-League quickstart!!!!

• SI Staff
Surely this close to the games release date the contracts would be signed and they could put us all out of our misery and let us know what leagues are in the new game. I would love to see either more team in Asia (yet again I say bring back the J-League - or include a japanese league with fake team names if you can't get the rights. We can fix via the editor) or some of the Middle Eastern teams.

BTW can't wait to see the demo! I hope they have a few options for quick start games. It would be good to have a few more than just the big leagues. Please give us an Australian A-League quickstart!!!!

As Sokdc said above, I've already said that there are no new playable leagues in FM09, so I've already put people out of said misery.

Definitely agree with that one! I had to edit King's Lynn in previously and although i wont have to on FM 09 it is annoying not to go down that extra level.

Kings lynn were on fm2008

they were spelt without any apostrophy's in the name because i had them on my editor when i was updating my leagues

Archived