Booking time off work to play new FM 09?

I have, but only because I have a week of holiday to use by the end of the year (and December's far too busy to use it then). I'd never specifically keep holidays back just for FM. That'd just be weird imo, though I do only get to choose 13 days per year. I suppose if you had about 4-6 weeks or something, it wouldn't be so bad.

As for ordering it online, its risky but usually comes on or before release date depending on where you order it from. I'm going to my local 24 hour Asda late Thursday evening to buy it to make sure.

i'm a postie so i'll be out there delivering the games! with everyone i deliver i'll be thinking "is this fm2009?"

Got no holidays left this year, But would love to cain a few days on it when it comes out. Sadly i'm working 6 day weeks pretty much all the way up to christmas now. So who knows? maybe i'll catch something in this horrid weather

i'm a postie so i'll be out there delivering the games! with everyone i deliver i'll be thinking "is this fm2009?"

Got no holidays left this year, But would love to cain a few days on it when it comes out. Sadly i'm working 6 day weeks pretty much all the way up to christmas now. So who knows? maybe i'll catch something in this horrid weather

I'm a postie as well and sadly I too will be in work then.

But.......I'm off the week starting 27th October the very same day my Gameworld launches in FML so I lose in one and gain in another way.

No of course not.

No offence intended to anyone, but I think it's kind of pathetic taking holiday time/faking illness to play a computer game.

might well be but its damm good fun :)

I've got 9 days off from the Saturday, can't wait.

Thankfully, not thankfully (whichever way you look at it) due to illness I'm not gonna be facing work till next year anyway so I got all the time in the world to play when it comes out! Never know, the weather may be horrid and when the wind blows here it BLOWS and I can't sleep so may have an excuse to sit up all night playing!

I am a student so will play loads when get back from school.Wish you could book school off!

pht going to schools bullsh!t, sadly it took till 6th year for me to realise this, just go in when u feel like it, as long as its not something really stupid like going in a couple of times a week.

Im taking about 4 years off to play FM, its called University round these parts.

Afternoon all,

Anyone booking time of work so you can have a session on FM 09? my requests gone in !!!!

Does anyone know if i order it online will it be delivered on release date?

If your taking the day off work matey, Id go to local shop and buy it. Never had any problems with release day from online orders but if you got the day off and the game didn't come or the postie didn't come till mid day you would be gutted ;)

No of course not.

No offence intended to anyone, but I think it's kind of pathetic taking holiday time/faking illness to play a computer game.

I too won't be taking time off work for the game but if thats how people intend to use their holidays thats for them to decide, and lets face it the great british weather won't be making anyone want to be out and about in the rain and cold. :)

No of course not.

Whereas taking 2 weeks off and spending, say, £500+ on flights just to lie on some foreign beach for a fortnight doing nothing isn't pathetic? I'd reckon most people's holidays from work are spent just relaxing/doing nothing, don't see why this'd be any different.

Faking illness I kind of agree with you though.

Whereas taking 2 weeks off and spending, say, £500+ on flights just to lie on some foreign beach for a fortnight doing nothing isn't pathetic?

No. When you do that you are taking time off to get away from work. It's a completely different scenario.

Not specifically taking time off for it, but being at college, and only part time at work, im sure i can squeeze in sufficient time for FM09... didnt get 08 til about a month ago, in order to get back into it :p really cant wait for 09!

Afternoon all,

Anyone booking time of work so you can have a session on FM 09? my requests gone in !!!!

Does anyone know if i order it online will it be delivered on release date?

1. It would be funny if it got delayed.

2. Depends where you order from.

I have 7 days holiday to use up so I booked from fri 14th and the next week. Usually work every other saturday so that used up the whole of my holiday.

Well worth it :)

Wife thinks she'll get me painting the bathroom at some point. I would..... if our bathroom needed painting. It doesnt so I'm not going to :)

Roll on Nov 14th

Whereas taking 2 weeks off and spending, say, £500+ on flights just to lie on some foreign beach for a fortnight doing nothing isn't pathetic? I'd reckon most people's holidays from work are spent just relaxing/doing nothing, don't see why this'd be any different.

I agree. On my last 2 x 3 weeks hols abroad I spent considerable time playing FM. I find it both relaxing and enjoyable, plus there is no risk of skin cancer!

I'm a postie as well and sadly I too will be in work then.

But.......I'm off the week starting 27th October the very same day my Gameworld launches in FML so I lose in one and gain in another way.

Thats what laptops were designed for - take your laptop with you and play whilst walking!!!! - For legal reasons, I cannot recommend playing whilst riding your bike or driving the post van though!

Especially when the day after release is a Saturday (yes i'm aware some people work Saturdays) and the majority will be off work anyway.

1. It would be funny if it got delayed.

Lol etc, that or Pat delivers his copy to the wrong house.

Yes but i'm sure people are capable of waiting till the following day to play it when they won't have to lie to get a day off or waste a days holiday or even lose a day's pay.

Thought Saturdays were for going to the football and having a few beers with the lads lol ;)

I dont see why thats pathetic, I cant think of a better way I would want to spend my holidays than spending £30 and playing a few days straight on the new footy manager! Beats paying £500 + to sit on a beach

Says so much about you, and yet you dont even realise it. :(

I dont see why thats pathetic, I cant think of a better way I would want to spend my holidays than spending £30 and playing a few days straight on the new footy manager! Beats paying £500 + to sit on a beach

Deary me, that's quite bizarre tbh.

Why is it bizarre? Not everyone likes to go on holiday, and that doesn't make them any less normal than you

No you're right, I should have kept my mouth shut and my opinion to myself on this internet forum :rolleyes: sorry for any distress caused to anyone reading my previous post.

No you're right, I should have kept my mouth shut and my opinion to myself on this internet forum :rolleyes: sorry for any distress caused to anyone reading my previous post.

Opinions are fine when they aren't ignorant

An yes i chose to ignore the obvious sarcasm in your post

Opinions are fine when they aren't ignorant

An yes i chose to ignore the obvious sarcasm in your post

I don't see how "Deary me, that's quite bizarre tbh" is ignorant at all, logically if i'd decided to be ignorant then I would have went with something far more vociferous than that surely? The inference of my post is not that the user is bizarre, but that his opinion on holidays is bizarre. I think you should consider posts before biting quite so hard IMHO.

Ahh yes, we've got Barnsley away on that Saturday which means an early start for the train/offy :D

I'll be there that day too. Fortunately i'll make time to have a go that morning..... because i'm a home fan ;)

Have a safe journey up anyway mate..... maybe you should get a laptop with FM09 for the journey up north!

Archived