Ideal "world" setup?

After playing FM07 for a long time I just got 08 recently and found it runs a lot faster on my PC.

The first game I started my world consisted of these playable leagues:

England : Prem - L2

France: L1 - National

Germany: First - Second

Italy: Serie A - Serie B

Scotland: Prem - Third

Spain: First - Liga BBCVA

USA: MLS

The game runs very fast with all of those league and the biggest DB. How many more can I add to a future game without the game slowing down too much? I'd like to add a lot more Euro leagues and some Brazilian and Argentinian leagues. What should the best "huge" setup be?

It seems to be fairly linear in 'slowness', so taking a guess and trying it out shouldn't be a problem. Try adding those leagues you mentioned, and a few others, start a manager and go on holiday for awhile. Not much more can be said really as speed is a matter of preference. You'll certainly know if you go too far.

Depends on where i'm playing. If i'm playing in England i usually have:

England - all divisions and full detail

Spain, Italy & Germany - first division only and full detail

Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, France, Ireland, Scotland, USA, Brazil, Argentina, Sweden & Denmark - first division and view-only

Playing in Sweden i replace Ireland & Scotland with Norway & Finland and change have England in the same group as Spain, Italy & Germany. All leagues in Sweden of course.

I like to get some sort of balance between good and not top-class leagues as it gives me more alternatives when i want to sell a player. I also like to always include bordering countries of the league i'm playing in.

That was my favorite thing about 08 over 07 and the only reason I couldn't revert back when 08 was having match engine bugs. Depends on your PC, and how many seasons you plan on playing. I run anywhere from 40 to 65 leagues and retain all players in the database and its fine up til about 10 seasons in then it gets slow and by 15 seasons it will need to be compressed which has caused some bugs for me in my last save game.

For a long-term game, I usually run about 20-30 leagues from several different countries (the top 1 or 2 leagues from different countries) and it runs like a dream compared to fm07 where it would be unplayable.

I like having all the main leagues,

England down to league 2 (sometimes all divisions)

Spain D2

Italy B

Germany D2

France D1

Netherlands D1

Brazil D1

Argentina D1

Mexico D1

USA D1

Portugal D1

Belgium D1

And a few more view only

Occasionally I pick more, but thats what I basically get.

Argentina

Brazil

Mexican

USA

China

South Korea

South Africa

Australia

England

France

Italy

Germany

Spain

Holland

Portugal

Scotland

Turkey

Russia

*Select all the leagues in the country you are focusing, select the top most league for the rest.

So it get a good balance for player database all over the world. And international competition become more interesting.

Archived