Interested in other clubs

I feel this may be a great addition to the game and hoping it may be improved with the new media in FM09 but......

When you are managing - let's say for example - Tottenham and Real Madrid sack their manager and you're in the frame for the job you currently get a news item with the current selections basically being Yes, No and No Comment. I feel it could be improved to

Yes definitely

Yes I love where I am but if the contract they offer is to good to turn down then I may be persuaded

No comment

No absolutely not

These seem a bit more realistic than a straight yes or no or obviously the no comment. Any one else got any comments on this?

I hope this is the case because obviously you can state your interest in joining the team but still have a little bit of assurance to the board and fans instead of the board becoming disgruntled with you stating an interest in joining another club

Obviously if you're Spurs manager and Arsenal come knocking on your door you could use the "I would be interested but I am very happy where I am and it would have to take a massive offer for me to leave" I prefer to tell the truth and as you can imagine I have p***ed off a few chairmen in my time but I'd rather them know I was interested so if I did take the job it wasn't such a massive surprise to them

Much in the same way as my current attempts to sign John Arne Riise for Atletico.

He says he's "Not interested in a move to Atletico, but he may be tempted if the offer was too good to refuse"....

Should be there for us managers as well....

I feel this may be a great addition to the game and hoping it may be improved with the new media in FM09 but......

When you are managing - let's say for example - Tottenham and Real Madrid sack their manager and you're in the frame for the job you currently get a news item with the current selections basically being Yes, No and No Comment. I feel it could be improved to

Yes definitely

Yes I love where I am but if the contract they offer is to good to turn down then I may be persuaded

No comment

No absolutely not

These seem a bit more realistic than a straight yes or no or obviously the no comment. Any one else got any comments on this?

While I agree with your idea I think it could be further improved and more realistic if the club that are interested in you aproach your board and ask for permission to talk to you before they approach you. I've noticed that clubs go to you directly whereas in reality they would first have to approach your board and ask for permission to talk to you and this is missing from the game.

I have noticed each time it says something along the lines of "Real Madrid are hoping to take Richie Brill as their new manager providing they get permission from the Tottenham Hotspur board" so I always thought it was done but never put as a news article but getting it in a news article would clear any confusion up

While I agree with your idea I think it could be further improved and more realistic if the club that are interested in you aproach your board and ask for permission to talk to you before they approach you. I've noticed that clubs go to you directly whereas in reality they would first have to approach your board and ask for permission to talk to you and this is missing from the game.

While its realistic, I would be against them stopping you from moving clubs.

Archived