Contract negotiations

I wonder if this is fixed in FM09. If its not it should be to FM10.

When your bid for a player is accepter and your about to negotiate his contract he tells you how much money he wants. But lets say there is two clubs negotiating with him at the same time.

This is what happends:

The player requests 50.000E a month. Don't worry about bonuses and other things in this example. Arsenal offers 50.000E and Liverpool offers 60.000E. He chooses to accept the Liverpool's offer and he becomes their player..

Now this is way this should happend:

The player requests 50.000E a month. Don't worry about bonuses and other things in this example. Arsenal offers 50.000E and Liverpool offers 60.000E. Liverpools bid is the best so he returns to Arsenal and says "I reject your bid, Liverpool gives me 60.000E. Will you outbid them? I want 70.000 or I'm taking their contract." Arsenal accepts and offer him a 70.000E/month deal. He then returns to Liverpool with Arsenals offer and they decide he is not worth that kind of money. He becomes Arsenals player.

My point with this way to long scenario is that the player should return to the clubs he rejects and request more money. Right now its not a negotiation its a guessing game.

I like the idea of players actually negotiaiting contracts due to receiving better contract offers from certain clubs. But the current method would still have to remain as some players will never move to some clubs as they either are smaller then the other clubs making offers, or they just don't like the club.

I like the idea of players actually negotiaiting contracts due to receiving better contract offers from certain clubs. But the current method would still have to remain as some players will never move to some clubs as they either are smaller then the other clubs making offers, or they just don't like the club.

Well ofcourse he can reject a club right away if he doesnt like it. or put his signature on the contract right away if he gets the offer of his dreams. But if it stand between Arsenal and lets say Celtic and both teams wants him as a first team player, then maybe he will simply request much more money from Celtic to make up for it. Kind of like when Etoo was talking with the club from Kazahkstan.

It's a good idea - this might be something which doesn't happen all the time, but if agents are *properly* included in the game this could be something that they will handle.

In the same way the new feature of building up a rapport with journalists, you could build up rapports with agents (IRL there are several agents that control loads of players) leading to agents accepting (or behind the scenes persuading the player) to accept something that isn't the contract with the most wages.

Well ofcourse he can reject a club right away if he doesnt like it. or put his signature on the contract right away if he gets the offer of his dreams. But if it stand between Arsenal and lets say Celtic and both teams wants him as a first team player, then maybe he will simply request much more money from Celtic to make up for it. Kind of like when Etoo was talking with the club from Kazahkstan.

I object to the suggestion that Arsenal are a bigger club than Celtic... ;)

Archived