Same players with lower club play worse

Hi,

I have made my own test, I've played two seasons with Arsenal and after that I've started a new game with Tottneham and with exactly the same squad. I must say that same players for Tottenham played much worse than in Arsenal. I've also used same tactics and same coaches and training sets.

For example, Diego and Rosina offered less then mediocre games for Tottneham and same players in Arsenal on same positions does briliantly.

Did anyone experienced the same? Did that have something with club reputation or something else?

Thanks,

Oz

Not to mention that only 1 season is hardly enough proof to cause concern as random factors and things will affect games. This would have to be done over a course of 5-10 years to prove anything. And besides, as some good posters around here like to say, if you don't have screenies it didn't happen.

Thanks Bob.

My Tottenahm team is setup exactly the same like Arsenal in game before.

I usually use "have faith" or "pick up..." as team talk.

What would you do then on my place, please.

Thanks a lot,

Oz

I don't know how to set up an experiment like this that will be definitive. I'm not sure if it's even possible. What I'm saying is that it is a problem that you are doing things the same(such as team setup) for two teams of different standing. Opposing teams will be playing you differently. For instance, you can afford to attack more with Arsenal where most teams will sit the whole team behind the ball, but with Tottenham, it might be in your best interest to defend and try to couter attack teams because your club rep is lower and as such most teams will not be content with a nil nil draw.

The difference is in how teams come to play you. Perhaps the players / formation suit a team that's higher ranked because they play well against a defensive opposition? At Spurs, far more teams will come at you, and perhaps that just doesn't suit your tactics / players? Nothing for the game to fix.

Also, perhaps your reputation is affecting the players ambitions? Are they the type of players that will do their best or settle for what's expected?

Then there's the crowd...

Archived