chairmans should be more considerate when interfering.

i just lost a key player of mine due to the chairman accepting a €5m bid. playing as a small club i agree in principle that player sales are neccessary because our stadium is tiny and doesnt generate much income. however my problem is that when i bought the player in question i had to include a 50% sale on clause in my offer because i was not able to raise the funds to meet the asking price at that time. now i am stuck with €2.5m and unable to find a suitable replacement. the chairman imho should take into account sale on clauses when deciding whether an offer is 'too good to refuse' because had the offer been €2.5m without a sale on in place ergo netting me the same amount of money i am 100% sure he would not have interfered. that is all.

(if there is a topic about the same thing feel free to direct me there. i searched but only found dozens of threads complaining about the interference feature in general which is not my point.)

It's impossible trying to build a small club. For example, Preston: I managed to buy Andres Guardado and he was playing out of his skin for two seasons. £36m bid from Roma was accepted by the chairman, and off he popped. Bear in mind I had a star studded team with the likes of Zarate, Eduardo and various England internationals, I was challewnging for the Premier League every season and not short of money. There was no need to sell, he hadn't wanted to leave, so why sell him?

The player has a value as far as the club is concerned and they can't sensibly take into account sell-on clauses if they think that the bid on the table is as much as they are likely to get for the player because if they later have to sell him for less they still have to give half of that money away.

It's impossible trying to build a small club. For example, Preston: I managed to buy Andres Guardado and he was playing out of his skin for two seasons. £36m bid from Roma was accepted by the chairman, and off he popped. Bear in mind I had a star studded team with the likes of Zarate, Eduardo and various England internationals, I was challewnging for the Premier League every season and not short of money. There was no need to sell, he hadn't wanted to leave, so why sell him?

A football club is a business. Chairmen make business decisions rather than football ones. Some chairmen make bad business decisions. Look at Leeds in real life.

I can't see how you can claim it is impossible trying to build a small club in one sentance though and then say you have a star studded team that is challenging for the Premier League every season as an example of this!

I would like to know what the chairman wants to do with the club, make money or achieve success ? then i can choose which kind of chairman suits me style .

And put some limitations to that , for example a guy focused on profit should only care about profit and not how you are doing in the league.

I'd agree it would be good if club chairmen were clickable and had attributes like everyone else in the game that you have to interact with. All you get now is some hint that you have to interpret when they first offer you the job and tell you to be prudent in the transfer market or whatever they say - generally I ignore that though in my excitement at starting a new job and get right on to sacking staff!

I would like to know what the chairman wants to do with the club, make money or achieve success ? then i can choose which kind of chairman suits me style .

And put some limitations to that , for example a guy focused on profit should only care about profit and not how you are doing in the league.

Isn't an ambitious chairman less prone to accepting offers in the game? I could swear I read that somewhere.

I have to say I'd like a bit of interaction with the chairman.

I was playing with Liverpool and Inter came in with an 18mil bid for Insua, who I had just started to blood. Chairman accepts it over my head. I want to be able to go to the board and say "I know, we have a debt to pay off and need some money, let me sell Riise instead. How's that?"

Or when they sold Reina over my head for 22mil..to my biggest rivals! "Hey Yankies...I can't buy another keeper of the same quality for that price, give me six months to try and raise 22mil by selling some other players"

Archived