Multiplayer improvements on FM09?

I havn't read anything that has shown any improvments being made to multiplayer on FM09.

Have i missed anything or is it just they arnt improving FM09?

Once i played FM online i couldnt go back to solo so i was really hoping to see some improvements in that area. Im not really interested in FML, just not my cup of tea.

Things that really need changing from FM08 multiplayer i feel are:

1. Transfer page, it really needs removing it is annoying when you think you have found a nice signing at last, you offer him a contract. Only then you see you online "friend" has checked your page and decides to steal him off you even though he has never scouted or searched for this player.

2. Stability/Speed, i cant believe SI didnt release some sort of official patch or guide to allow router players to be able to host games without the need to use programs like hamachi. Although im fine i can host without problems, alot of my fm friends cant and i have seen how annoyed they get trying to open ports or use hamachi which always seems slower to me.

The game also could do to run alot faster, it is a text game after all i dont understand why players get the ammount of lag when they arnt the host, maybe thats something SI cant deal with.

3. Password, whats the point of having passwords if the host can simply use the master password to get into anyones account, most pointless feature on FM i think. The game host should be able to retire/resign people without being able to go on someone else's account.

Those are 3 things off the top of my head that need to be fixed, but i really wanna know if there has been any online improvments announced yet?

I havn't read anything that has shown any improvments being made to multiplayer on FM09.

Have i missed anything or is it just they arnt improving FM09?

Once i played FM online i couldnt go back to solo so i was really hoping to see some improvements in that area. Im not really interested in FML, just not my cup of tea.

Things that really need changing from FM08 multiplayer i feel are:

1. Transfer page, it really needs removing it is annoying when you think you have found a nice signing at last, you offer him a contract. Only then you see you online "friend" has checked your page and decides to steal him off you even though he has never scouted or searched for this player.

2. Stability/Speed, i cant believe SI didnt release some sort of official patch or guide to allow router players to be able to host games without the need to use programs like hamachi. Although im fine i can host without problems, alot of my fm friends cant and i have seen how annoyed they get trying to open ports or use hamachi which always seems slower to me.

The game also could do to run alot faster, it is a text game after all i dont understand why players get the ammount of lag when they arnt the host, maybe thats something SI cant deal with.

3. Password, whats the point of having passwords if the host can simply use the master password to get into anyones account, most pointless feature on FM i think. The game host should be able to retire/resign people without being able to go on someone else's account.

Those are 3 things off the top of my head that need to be fixed, but i really wanna know if there has been any online improvments announced yet?

Great thread, mate. I have all tose questions myself.

I hope SI announces something regarding this issue soon. ;)

Agree with the transfer thing, whenever I play a net game I have that as a rule that you cant look at another persons tranfer page, although obviously its hard to enforce.

Everyone I know has to use Hamachi to play a netgame, doesnt bother me too much

Re point 2: Hosting any game needs your friends to understand what they're doing. Blaming SI for their lack of technical nous is silly.

I wholeheartedly agree with points 1 and 3.

I disagree, they have no problems playing other games online, they can host/join with no problems. They should not have to go out and learn "technical nous" it should be fixed so everyone can play the game they paid for the way they wish to play it.

Difference of opinion i guess :)

I'm guessing there hasn't been a single announcement on even 1 improvement to the multiplayer part of the game yet then? :(

I disagree, they have no problems playing other games online, they can host/join with no problems. They should not have to go out and learn "technical nous" it should be fixed so everyone can play the game they paid for the way they wish to play it.

Difference of opinion i guess :)

I'm guessing there hasn't been a single announcement on even 1 improvement to the multiplayer part of the game yet then? :(

Unfortunatelly, not.

The multiplayer mode haven't change since FM'05 so I don't we should keep our hopes up :(

Archived