Football Manager on the wii?

I was looking through the forum to see where the best place to post this would be, but unsure where to post so that is why it is here.

Here is an idea, why not make Football Manager for the wii, players could use the wii's remote by waving it around making hand gestures to indicate game changes etc, all without having to go through menus in order to change tactics etc, eg changeing formations, it might take some getting used to but if you were a "track suite" manager always wanting to stand up and shout stuff to your players it might be more fun.

Any thoughts

If FM was ever to come out on the Wii, then there would be absolutely no need for gimmicky controls such as swinging the remote around. It would be far better to have the menus navigated and tactics changed in exactly the same way as they are on the PC, just with a pointer instead of a mouse. Only certain games are improved by being able to move the remote and nunchuck around. FM certainly wouldn't be one of them.

You know, I was just thinking about FM on a console the other day, and how it would really, really make online gaming a lot moe fun, or at least a lot easier.

Take GTA IV for example, if you go online with your PS3, you can simply select an online game that people are playing on, pick up a team, and instantly start controlling them against random people.

Say you wanted to make a proper game out of it, you can then run private servers for you and your mates, or if you wanted to play random people but keep the same team, then password protect a certain team on a certain server.

I'm sure somebody could make this a lot easier to read than i'm writing right now, as i'm half asleep and I have half the idea in my head.

But basically, for a 'quick start' mini game, where you don't need your friends IP's, a 'pick up and go!' online on the PS3 or 360 could have a lot of fun.

Archived