Joe Kinnear

Hillarious! I'm sure I heard him swear on football focus at the weekend. I think I'll try a response like this on the new press conference feature when the game comes out just to see what happens.

Seems like he has lost the plot already. Its sad to see a club such as Newcastle seen as such a joke at the moment. I quite like Newcastle but I think through a mixture of very poor management decisions (from the top downwards) and fans deluded belief that Newcastle United should have some god given right to be a big club has led the club to this dire situation!

I think the game handles it quite well at the moment when interacting with other managers, there is a need for more options though. You can't have swearing in it though, and I don't know if I want to get on like Joe Kinnear he's a spiv.

More options are always good but swearing has no place in a game with a 3+ rating. People will argue that the game is not played by 3 year olds but the age rating is a bracket, after that I think it's 12+ so if you put things in that are unsuitable for 4 year olds and that cause the age rating to be increased, you're suddenly excluding anyone aged 4-11 from playing the game.

Put swearing in and it's likely to become an 18 rated game and they would then be excluding a hell of a lot of customers. So for that reason alone SI will never introduce swearing into the game, which for me is a relief.

If you go onto You Tube you can listen to the "chat" Expletives are bleeped out, (thought my speakers had gone at one point!) Is funny in an unfunny way. The media are always looking for what will sell. I like the media aspect to FM but hope it doesn't get to the stage where the media can turn the fans against you.

I'll be interested to see what FM09's media interaction is like because FM08 and earlier it is unbelievably dull, boring and predictably unpredictable, but I don't feel any need for a tirade of swear words to be included as a slanging match with a pair of journalists!

I'll be interested to see what FM09's media interaction is like because FM08 and earlier it is unbelievably dull, boring and predictably unpredictable, but I don't feel any need for a tirade of swear words to be included as a slanging match with a pair of journalists!

dude..."when i said 'kinnear style outburst" i meant the style of it. antagonistic, agro ranting with some serious consequences. the swearing can be left out."

I know, I read that, I'm just responding in a more general sense. I don't really want pointless ranting included at all because I'd be too tempted by it! Well, if it were able to be aimed at my players I would anyway...since we don't get journalists' full articles in FM I have nothing really to get my teeth into when letting rip at a journalist.

I could have had plenty to say about my Lofoten team who chose to concede 3 penalties and have a man sent off in a recent game that we were otherwise competitive in, but lost 3-0 though. I would have told the press that none of the players deserved to get paid for the next 27 weeks after that performance and then carried on in an ever-increasing spiral of irritation until men in white coats came to cart me away to a mental institution.

I know, I read that, I'm just responding in a more general sense. I don't really want pointless ranting included at all because I'd be too tempted by it! Well, if it were able to be aimed at my players I would anyway...since we don't get journalists' full articles in FM I have nothing really to get my teeth into when letting rip at a journalist.

I could have had plenty to say about my Lofoten team who chose to concede 3 penalties and have a man sent off in a recent game that we were otherwise competitive in, but lost 3-0 though. I would have told the press that none of the players deserved to get paid for the next 27 weeks after that performance and then carried on in an ever-increasing spiral of irritation until men in white coats came to cart me away to a mental institution.

funny...them crazy norvegies :D

Imagine...Come in your first press conference as a new boss:

Right now f*** off you c**** i'll not be having this yer. This will be my last conference with ya. Now f*** off you b*******!

Would not exactly endear you to the media.

Off-Topic: Finally! Someone actually stood up to those s***heads.

i think he is a plonker. but then again the english press do deserve a good ****ing into.. would you ever see Wenger speak to the press like that? It's unproffesional to speak that way in an interview, he's managing a premiership club for 6 games, Newcastle football club is a joke because of the people who run it.. fantastic support but idiots running the club and there having been for years. you gotta feel sorry for geordies who are pationate about there club because inavin they can't do any thing about it..

But i do think the fans should take a chill pill. no team have a devine right to win games how ever many fans flock threw the gate, to be any where near the top would take years of planning and guidence, they need stability in a manager, good youth system and training, wasteing 40 mill every nw and then on has beens or 2nd rate players wont get them far. lets hope the new owners will be good and know how to run the club to it's potentiol..

I think it was ridiculous what Kinnear did, but I do envy Newcastle fans. They have a manager that can take a press conference in English.

Regards,

Jaymes.....A Disgruntled Spurs Fan

Welcome to the forum. Yes, that was a strange press conference but I do feel sorry for the bloke. He hasn't managed a game yet and already is getting the P Ripped out of him. It's just a horrible situation for Newcastle but fans need come down to Earth and stop claiming that they shouldbe challenging the big4. They have FANTASTIC fans but they do need a reality check.

I must say that within 5.35 minutes of the game being released someone would have started Effin and Blinding about the press!

the only man that was crazy enough to take the job and its already showing.

but then again imagin when they lose like 5-0 to tottenham on the weekend, imagin what abuse he would give the players. id be affraid to make a mistake.. could be a good appointment by ashley thinking about it.

I'd like to suggest that Newcastle do not have great fans, and that the fans' unwavering support of Keegan no matter what he does, and their dislike of any manager who looks like he might actually be taking the club forward, is a big part of the reason they're in this mess.

On topic, I'm really looking forward to seeing how your relationships with the media actually works in the game, and until I know, I wouldn't really like to suggest adding anything to it.

Archived