cant spend my 90 million

Have just started my forth season with Juventus and was looking forward to spending my £90m transfer kitty. However, I am trying to bring players in but when I go to confirm the deal, it says I do not have enough transfer funds to complete the deal - which is obviously false...

I thought it might be a similar bug to one experienced in the old CM games when a transfer deal was cancelled for no apparant reason. It is worth noting that both players I have tried to sign have been non-EU (Obi Mikel & Guilherme) but I have no idea why they are not going through...

Any ideas?

Have just started my forth season with Juventus and was looking forward to spending my £90m transfer kitty. However, I am trying to bring players in but when I go to confirm the deal, it says I do not have enough transfer funds to complete the deal - which is obviously false...

I thought it might be a similar bug to one experienced in the old CM games when a transfer deal was cancelled for no apparant reason. It is worth noting that both players I have tried to sign have been non-EU (Obi Mikel & Guilherme) but I have no idea why they are not going through...

Any ideas?

Italy have rules regarding the amount of non-eu players you can have in the league so maybe you've passed this limit.

I am patched to the latest version.

Also, I know you are only allowed to buy one non-EU player from abroad each season, so was just banking on getting one of these players, but the first one still would not go through. I amalso in late July of the new season already, so any of last seasons non-EU signings would have been cancelled out.

I will have to try a non-EU player and see if it makes any difference. Thing is, the message I get simply says - 'do you want to delay', etc, as if I have no money in the bank... yet my finances are super and the transfer allowance is still at £90 miillion.

I am patched to the latest version.

Also, I know you are only allowed to buy one non-EU player from abroad each season, so was just banking on getting one of these players, but the first one still would not go through. I amalso in late July of the new season already, so any of last seasons non-EU signings would have been cancelled out.

I will have to try a non-EU player and see if it makes any difference. Thing is, the message I get simply says - 'do you want to delay', etc, as if I have no money in the bank... yet my finances are super and the transfer allowance is still at £90 miillion.

I wasn't talking about the 1 non eu player from abroad each season. I was talking about the amount of non eu players that are allowed to play in serie A at any one time. I seem to remember that there was a limit on the number of non eu players that could play for serie A clubs. I haven't played in Italy in this version of the game because of all the unfixed bugs so don't know if this is still the case.

Any rules on how many non-EU players you can play on matchdays would not stop you buying players with a message about transfer funds.

Ideally you need to post screenshots of your finances page and of the news item because it's hard to suggest what could be happening otherwise.

Have you edited the database at all? That may have caused some strange bug if it was badly edited in some way.

Did you sign a new contract after your season budget had been set for the season????

I had this problem the other day. Id got my expectations and budget set (£40 million) for the new season but just before it started i was offered a new contract. I accepted and the long term board expectations changed and so did my budget, it still said £40 million budget for the season but under remaining budget it had changed to something like £100,000......so basically im stuck with all this money and cant spend any of it....ive even been and asked the board for new funds but they just say they haven't seen a return yet for previous money spent.

Seems like a small bug where when you sign a new contract it wipes your budget for the new season

Check your finances screen, it will say season budget and underneath remaining budget, im guessing season budget still says the full amount but remaining budget is somewhat different

Did you sign a new contract after your season budget had been set for the season????

I had this problem the other day. Id got my expectations and budget set (£40 million) for the new season but just before it started i was offered a new contract. I accepted and the long term board expectations changed and so did my budget, it still said £40 million budget for the season but under remaining budget it had changed to something like £100,000......so basically im stuck with all this money and cant spend any of it....ive even been and asked the board for new funds but they just say they haven't seen a return yet for previous money spent.

Seems like a small bug where when you sign a new contract it wipes your budget for the new season

Check your finances screen, it will say season budget and underneath remaining budget, im guessing season budget still says the full amount but remaining budget is somewhat different

Yes - this is exactly what happened. I had received the contract offer on the same day as the season expectations, but being greedy I decided to ask for more cold hard cash! which delayed the signing of the contract for another few days. I'll have to check later if my remaining budget has gone down...

Any rules on how many non-EU players you can play on matchdays would not stop you buying players with a message about transfer funds.

No, in italy, there is no limit of non-EU players that you can play on matchdays. Been managing Milan for 7 years.

Yes - this is exactly what happened. I had received the contract offer on the same day as the season expectations, but being greedy I decided to ask for more cold hard cash! which delayed the signing of the contract for another few days. I'll have to check later if my remaining budget has gone down...

This is your problem and im guessing its a bug and simply doesnt remember what your season budget was set at before you signed a new deal, frustrating i know because im steadily improving Napoli and was expecting to be able to spend £40 million and now i cant spend a penny, at least i'll have a huge budget the year after lol

I made a bit of a mess up with the whole expectations thing too in one game. Straight off the bat, before responding to the question about my season expectations to give me my budgets I asked the board for more transfer funds. They said yes and gave me a nice fat additional transfer kitty, then I selected my seasonal expectations (as the default option) and of course lost all that extra transfer cash I had coaxed out of the board. When I asked them for more money again after that they said they were getting annoyed by my continual requests :D I don't blame them though, I'd only been in the door 5 minutes!

Archived