The GQ Off-Topic Football Only Related Thread

Right chaps, let’s have an Off-Topic football discussion thread right here in GQ. Some ground rules: no spamming; no creating spin-off threads; no abuse, etc. Stick to the general SI forum rules please. GQ is a forum for discussing general things about Football Manager on the PC and Mac. This is a one-off thread to discuss real world football (though FM chat is more than welcome in here!!). If a thread about FM descends into real football chatter, simply move the debate in here!

Right, I’ll kick off with a few interesting links. First up, we have Joe Kinnear endearing himself to assembled hacks at a press conference. It really is amazing stuff!

New news today reveals that Phil Gartside is a greedy mother hubbard as well as McCabe.

Anyway, so talk about football, whatever football you like. Or watch this thread die.

Good one.

Was reading Joe Kinnear's press conference there in the Mirror, Gillsman.

The man's pure class. :D

Something else I'd like to mention - apparently Daniel Agger is "Top of Real Madrid's Transfer list for January", though I hope it's just the usual "player-not-playing-regularly-rumour-mill".....

I think Agger is good enough to playe very week and tbh probably play at a better club than Liverpool, a bigger talking point is if you think Skrtel is better, I don't.

As for Almunia, he's alright, but is he really better than James/Robinson/Carson. For all Carson and Robinson's obvious errors I still think they should get picked ahead of Almunia.

Hurray its finally been made.

On the Almunia matter I think he should be England keeper he can't be any worse than what we have now. They also said the same thing about Cudicini (sp? The Chelsea keeper before Cech) but then Chelski was born and he was dropped and it never was mentioned again.

Agger is often one of my top transfer targets on FM and should be playing every week in RL. If Madrid want him and Liverpool don't he should move.

For me Robinson had his chance(s) and blew it several times. I haven't seen Carson play much and Hart isn't ready yet.

• SI Staff
If you have a look through the "These Forums" thread you'll see that this thread being opened has been discussed quite a bit, good on GillsMan for opening it and hopefully it will take off.

And was never given permission to be started by any moderator.

Please keep all Off Topic Discussion and Football Discussion to those relevant forums. Once the game is finished we can concentrate more on some forum issues and see where we go from there but for now we're far too busy to deal with this sort of thing.

Archived