Team Talks

Do they help the performance in anyway?

Whenever i use a team talk i look at team talk feedback and get a lot of didnt seem to be listening for some reason:S

what would you say is the most effective team talk at the start of game + losing at half time + winning at half time in a close game so that the players take notice.

I'm not too sure they make that much of a difference really.:confused:

Do they help the performance in anyway?:confused:

They can affect player morale, which affects performance.

what would you say is the most effective team talk at the start of game + losing at half time + winning at half time in a close game so that the players take notice.

It depends on which team you're playing really. If I'm playing a smaller club I usually say I expect a win, any other games I tell them "they can win this game" or "do this for the fans". Usually when I'm a goal down at half time, I say that I expect them to come back & win the match.

I find that these team talks are most effective.

I find linking your team talk to your approach to the game works well ie playing my attacking tactic i will say 'you can win this' or playing my counter i'd say 'do this for the fans' and playing my control tactic i'd say 'relax and the result will come'. I'd also say 'i have faith' or 'no pressure, to individuals who have low morale.

Makes a massive difference and can be the difference between winning and losing, I think its a major factor in conceding early goals along with choosing the wrong tactics of course!

teamtalks are horrible in the game

you can take your league two team to the fa cup final and find after the match that none of the players were really listening

infuriating

I agree. The team talk idea is great and I generally think it works well but there are definitely a few parts that need ironing out.

Team talks have a dramatic effect on the game. Having the right players in the right positions playing with the right tactics is only half the story because if your team talk is rubbish then most proberly they will not win.

This is a great thread which will help with team talks:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=5494&highlight=teamtalk

Monotonous I don't mind. Media interaction is monotonous, but you always have a neutral option which means you can ignore it. Get a team talk wrong and you might as well go and make a cup of tea for the second half because it doesn't matter what you do with your tactics or substitutions your players seem to lose morale to such an extent that they can't win tackles or pass the ball or anything after a team talk that hits the wrong note. And I'm not talking about things like telling the players you are angry when 4-0 up, I'm talking about when you say you are pleased 2-0 up against superior opposition or say you don't want performance to drop when 2-0 up against a pub team.

Judging by the way my Ass Man antagonises my players with his teamtalks in pre-season friendlies (antagonism which takes the form of them moaning at the way I speak to theplayers on matchday!!) I don't dare let him near my team talks in competitive matches, at least not in an automated way anyway - I often see what his advice is and then ignore it though.

I've had instances where I'll be 3-0 up at HT, 60% of possession, opposition hasn't had a shot or even ventured into their own half, et al.

So who gets the individual 'disappointed' talk from the assistant? My bloody keeper. I'm assuming he scuffed the one pass he was required to make or something. Or maybe he should be getting down the other end and having shots?

Archived