Why me? My life is turning to dogs do-do

Guys I really need someone's help! I have just bought a new PC and after loading the o/s etc etc I went to load FM2008. Then my problems started, for some reason the PC is not recognising the CD and so it is not Auto Running. Even when I double click on the DVDRW drive to start it thinks about it then just stops. I have backedup all my files to an external HDD and can load the game from that but it isn't patched and so won't run any of my saved games! I know it's only 6 weeks (he says sweating at the thought of 6 weeks without FM!) until 2009 arrives but I will go mad! The Katie & Peter show is on soon and if I'm not careful the mrs will suggest me sitting next to her on the sofa to watch it! HELP ME PLEASE!:eek:

You just download it, then run it. It should atuomatically do it.

Oh my god, it's worked! And just in time, that stupid show is about to start and I was getting looks! Thanks so much blowcrapup! This will tide me over until '09 arrives.

Wait a second. Did you confirm that the patch fixed the disc reading issue?

If not, chances are, it's time to fork out £20 and get a new DVD reader/writer. It's a common enough problem - sometimes you'll be playing one minute, and the next, the dvd's refuse to be read. In even weirder circumstances, some dvd's will read and others not. O the woe of Benq, aye?

Archived