Punishing players for going public with discontent

Should the players really be communication with their managers through the media? I personally get ****ed when one of my players tells a newspaper that he is unhappy with his current contract before he even has given me a small indication of discontent.

I want to be able to punnish my players for going public with matters that should be attended behind closed doors just like I can punnish them for being sent off a game. When one of my better players goes public with some discontent he immediately becomes a target for other clubs. If he don't like his contract or dislikes another player then the manager should be the first to know about it. IRL such players usually dont last long in their clubs.

Then theres is always rumours in the media.. Some completly made up and others all true. Thats the way it should be. But a player never goes public with things like his contract, his teammates and concerns.

Should the players really be communication with their managers through the media? I personally get ****ed when one of my players tells a newspaper that he is unhappy with his current contract before he even has given me a small indication of discontent.

I want to be able to punnish my players for going public with matters that should be attended behind closed doors just like I can punnish them for being sent off a game.

I agree entirely. If a player is unhappy for whatever reason he should come and talk to you and you alone. If he goes to the press then you should be able to punish this severly I think.

I agree entirely. If a player is unhappy for whatever reason he should come and talk to you and you alone. If he goes to the press then you should be able to punish this severly I think.

I agree chaps, but in some of my saves they do this, but in others when i've got a better Assistant Manager I ofter get notified 1st, maybe look for a better Ass Man to see if this changes things

I agree chaps, but in some of my saves they do this, but in others when i've got a better Assistant Manager I ofter get notified 1st, maybe look for a better Ass Man to see if this changes things

Yeah but i currently play in swedens second division and the number of "better Ass Man" is fairly limited ;) But no matter where you play this should be done without the media..

By the way i like my ass, i don't need to look for a better one.. I also like my Assistant.

Some players do, although they naturally go to the manager first.

Robinho springs to mind.

They do go to the press fairly often - too often, though. However, perhaps it's luck or something but I've had 100% success with 2-week fines for "unprofessional behaviour" when this happens.

Andre - I agree with half of what you say. Currently it feels (to me anyway) that unhappy players always go to the press first, whereas I think it should be based on the professionalism rating. The more professional they are (and especially if they are at one of their favoured clubs) the more likely they would be to vent their frustration in private rather than the media.

Some players do, although they naturally go to the manager first.

Robinho springs to mind.

They do go to the press fairly often - too often, though. However, perhaps it's luck or something but I've had 100% success with 2-week fines for "unprofessional behaviour" when this happens.

I was under the impression that you can't fine players for this sort of thing?

I was under the impression that you can't fine players for this sort of thing?

Not contracts, but when he wants to move.

I think with contracts, even the best assistants can fail to pick up these concerns (I have several excellent assistants).

It shouldn't matter how good your assistant is. Going to the media with ones concern should be the last resort by a very unproffesional player.

Think about it yourselfs. How often have you heard about a player who says he is unhappy with his contract or his teammates? Pretty often i guess. But how many of these times has the information actually come from the player in question? It's all just rumours and witnesses.

When one of my players go public with wanting to leave the club i usually put him in the reserv squad. Wich in turn makes him unhappy for not getting any play time but what did he expect really? If he don't want to stay with my team it would be a better choice for me to give a youth some experience. At least i want to be able to tell him the reason for putting him on the stands so that he might regrett his statement of at least know what he is being punnished for.

maybe this could be a ppm something like 'likes to talk to manager' or 'airs dirty laundry in the media' dunno if this could work and ppm are for on pitch stuff but could maybe work

Yeah thats a good idea. But i want to be able to set an example for my future players.. "If you go public, you will rot on the bench just like XXXXX XXXXXX did.. Muhahaha"

I always fine players for unprofessional behaviour when the say to the media they are "Flattered By Team A's Interest"

They are contracted to my club, and they will honour their contract, simple as.

Fining for this never seems to be received badly.

I always fine players for unprofessional behaviour when the say to the media they are "Flattered By Team A's Interest"

They are contracted to my club, and they will honour their contract, simple as.

Fining for this never seems to be received badly.

If that is true, have you noticed that your players stop talking to the media or do they keep on doing it? What i'm looking for is a more direct way of fining or warning them. The same system as they use for fining players who gets sent off would be good. It can't be too hard to do.

And by the way, a two weeks fine is not enough.. I want him to apologies and/or accept a large fine or he wont be playing for my team any further. And if the later is the case, then i want him to know why.

I would also love to be able to do this, annoys the hell out of me, what i hate more is when you've been warned by your assistent that he's dicontent so offer a contract but the next day he comes out and says something even though i've offered him what he wants.

This wouldn't happen unless of course i offered a terrible contract.

Yes. But my basic point is that the media shouldn't be a mediator (did i get this word right?) between the player and his manager and club. Either SI should take it away all togeather, sort of like they have done with some other IRL scandal scenarios, or they should give us the opportunity to punnish players whenever this is done..

2 week fine (unprofessional behaviour) works for me, and the behaviour is rarely repeated.

Well I did to two players recently. One said that he wanted more play time and the other one said that he was looking to move to a bigger club. Both got a 2 weeks fine for unprofessional behaviour and both got even more upset and felt they had been treated wrongly.. So no that doesn't work. None of them not to play any more games with my and were put in the reserve team. After a couple of weeks both felt like they were being forced out of the club.. But i didn't want to force them out, I just wantet to ruin their lifes..

Archived