board interference

Don't think you can challenge a decision made by the board. I know that you can issue ultimatums for certain things but its been my experience that 9 times out of 10 this leads to you being sacked.

it would be a good feature if you could reply with a, don't sell the player because and then some different responses rather than ultimatums

I agree that as manager you should be at least consulted a bit more before clubs poach your players and staff. This is really a problem with the staff because at least with a player if you get a bid you have the oportunity to refuse it but with staff this doesn't happen.

I agree that as manager you should be at least consulted a bit more before clubs poach your players and staff. This is really a problem with the staff because at least with a player if you get a bid you have the oportunity to refuse it but with staff this doesn't happen.

I've a feeling Kevin Keegan would agree with you....

I've a feeling Kevin Keegan would agree with you....

I think Keegan's problem was that Denis Wise would sign the players that he wanted rather than the ones that Keegan wanted. Anyway the Newcastle fans need to stop living in the past. They're not as big a club as they think and having Keegan there will not mean that they suddenly become the best team in the country. They should also remember that he hasn't got much in the way of bottle. As soon as things get tough he buggers off. He's done it twice with Newcastle & once with Man City.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't the board issue ultimatums?

PLEASE don't take this out of contexts but this has nothing to do with the OP

It's not what i was saying, when the board accept a bid for a player that is worth a lot more and that we don't want to sell, if you could challenge there decision bye saying something like this player will be an integral part of the team progressing

I think Keegan's problem was that Denis Wise would sign the players that he wanted rather than the ones that Keegan wanted. Anyway the Newcastle fans need to stop living in the past. They're not as big a club as they think and having Keegan there will not mean that they suddenly become the best team in the country. They should also remember that he hasn't got much in the way of bottle. As soon as things get tough he buggers off. He's done it twice with Newcastle & once with Man City.

He never walked out on Man Citeh. and tell me how we think we are a massive club?

I think you know naff all about our club and the fans.

He never walked out on Man Citeh. and tell me how we think we are a massive club?

I think you know naff all about our club and the fans.

you mean apart from all the fans you see on Sky Sports News claiming that Newcastle are a massive club! ;)

you mean apart from all the fans you see on Sky Sports News claiming that Newcastle are a massive club! ;)

Sky Sports news deliberately search out the idiots and stick them in front of the camera.

At the moment i don't think we are a massive club, but i do think we have the potential to be a massive club.

I think if we get a good owner in who will hire the right manager, and give him some proper backing, we could become the club that we know we can be/used to be.

It would be good to have the facility to try and 'talk' the board into doing/not doing something rather than a simple request or ultimatum choice. Certainly when they accept bids for players, ultimately its their decision, but it would be useful to be able to show your disappointment, or request a re-think. This could also be integrated with the media aspect of the game.

Having board members or chairman as actual clickable people (like any other staff or players) so you can see some attributes for them would be a start.

More board interaction is always fun though - more possibilities to talk my way into getting sacked :)

Re: Big clubs - if you take what you see on Sky Sports News as a balanced view of what normal fans think you'll have a very skewed view of football! Sure you get some normal fans walking past the stadium or going to protest when Keegan gets pushed out, but in general it's the fanatics who are hanging around where Sky Sports reporters grab them for an interview!

As far as I'm concerned a big club is a club with a big stadium :p Thus lots of big clubs in Germany that play well down the leagues!

Archived