Stadium Expansion and Season Tickets

This I believe should be a feature of the game.

Lets say a club X has a stadium capacity of 10000. The manager asks for a stadium expansion and the board okay it. They say it will be expanded by 5000 seats ( as an example ). And then we are prompted that the stadium capacity will be temporarily lowered to say 7000.

Now we have 2 things :

1.) The stadium expansion should occur during the off season surely and not during the playing season. I read somewhere in these forums that this has been rectified in FM09. Cheers for that :thup:

2.) The second and more important point. The stadium has a temporary capacity of 7000 and the club sells say 5000 season tickets for that season as the expansion is taking place. After the stadium expansion is completed, the capacity becomes 15000. Shouldn't the club sell more season tickets after the expansion has finished to compensate for the extra number of seats ? Isn't this natural ?

If they don't the season tickets to normal tickets will be in the ratio 1 : 2 in this example ( 5000 : 10000 ) which I'm pretty sure is not the case IRL. So they should logically sell more season tickets once the stadium expansion is completed.

Aah, This will result in adding a bit more to the club's treasury :D

The off-season isn't all that long. Many of the stadium expansions I see say they will take 6 months to complete. You can't do them in the off-season.

As for ticket sales I have no idea how they work, but it's only 1 season so I really don't care, but I've seen season tickets being sold in dribs and drabs through the season anyway (or maybe that was FM07), even though half the season has already gone anyway!

every time the board expanded the stadium when I was manager of Spurs, the expansion was completed by the end of August. It was, however, only an expansion of 3,000 seats (this happened 5 times). What's more annoying is the fact that one year the local council will block the expansion, then the next year it will be approved, then blocked, then approved...... and so on. It would be nice if you could choose by how many seats youy wanted the expansion to be, and this would affect the transfer budget. i.e:

Stadium Capacity Increase 3,000 Seats, Transfer budget 30,000,000

Stadium Capacity Increase 6,000 Seats, Transfer budget 26,000,000

Stadium Capacity Increase 10,000 Seats, Transfer budget 20,000,000

Stadium Capacity Increase 15,000 Seats, Transfer budget 16,000,000

every time the board expanded the stadium when I was manager of Spurs, the expansion was completed by the end of August. It was, however, only an expansion of 3,000 seats (this happened 5 times). What's more annoying is the fact that one year the local council will block the expansion, then the next year it will be approved, then blocked, then approved...... and so on. It would be nice if you could choose by how many seats youy wanted the expansion to be, and this would affect the transfer budget. i.e:

Stadium Capacity Increase 3,000 Seats, Transfer budget 30,000,000

Stadium Capacity Increase 6,000 Seats, Transfer budget 26,000,000

Stadium Capacity Increase 10,000 Seats, Transfer budget 20,000,000

Stadium Capacity Increase 15,000 Seats, Transfer budget 16,000,000

great idea. si implement this asap

Archived