The fans leaving = A surefire loss

I've noticed that when the fans leave because their team is down by two goals or more with about 15 minutes to go, it becomes impossible for the team to recover no matter what. I can't remember a team ever getting even one point out of a game after their fans leaving. It doesn't matter if it's the AI or my own team, the walk-out is the kiss of death. It's as if the match engine won't allow a comeback after giving that message. Or has someone seen a game turn around even after having the fans leave, I wonder ?

I've never really thought about it TBH, but now that I mention it, I also have never seen a team win when that message shows up on the commentary. I would be interested to hear a reply from someone at SI regarding this.

I've noticed that when the fans leave because their team is down by two goals or more with about 15 minutes to go, it becomes impossible for the team to recover no matter what. I can't remember a team ever getting even one point out of a game after their fans leaving. It doesn't matter if it's the AI or my own team, the walk-out is the kiss of death. It's as if the match engine won't allow a comeback after giving that message. Or has someone seen a game turn around even after having the fans leave, I wonder ?

I think this myself, I've rarely seen anyone come back after seeinh this.

I used to think so to, before this one games I was in!

I was Zenit St.Petersburg, playing against our top rivals for the league Spartak Moscow......I was loosing 0-2.....But somehow in the final 20 to 15 minutes, despite telling me that the fans were leaving, I managed to win 4-2.

This was the only time though...

What needs to be fixed is when you are playing friendly games , or cup games , which you are not expected to draw nvm win , and fans start leaving early , this would not happen IRL e.g. playing as a L2 side against a prem side.

I totally agree, I hope this has been sorted out.

I'm sure I've come back once or twice after seeing my fans leave, and alas, I've seen the opposition come back in this scenario.

Agree with smithers08 - I've played Leyton Orient in the FA Cup (as Liverpool) and their fans walked out when they were a few goals down. Wouldn't happen IRL, team reputation/expectation should be taken into account here.

I remember when that happened IRL

Coventry were playing Watford a couple of years ago in Division 1 (as it was called then)

Coventry were 4-0 up with a few minutes to go

Fans leave, Watford score 2 quick goals

Coventry score again, but after Watford fans rush back in the hope of a 4-4 draw

End result 5-2

But, to be fair, the fans will only be leaving because they think you have no chance of winning. This opinion must be based on something and I would suggest that it is because you have been out played during the game up until that point.

IRL there are not many teams that have been out played for 80 minutes and then suddenly become a force in the game and get a couple of goals. So it is not really surprising that if you fans are walking out in the game, you end up losing.

Archived