Have i come out on top?

Just want a few opinions on what people think of this transfer merry-go-round.

I'm arsenal finished 3rd, 1st season. was given a hefty 40mil to spend... all was rosey.

Then my world crumbles, the board accept a 47mil offer from milan for cesc....i'm livid.

Then the board accept a 30mil offer for nasri from liverpool.....i'm further livid.

Then the board accepts a 30mil offer for rosicky.....i'm crying at this point!!!

In the space of 10 days my creativity in my whole squad has gone.

So with 147mil in the bank to spend in come.... Torres 59mil, Aguero 51mil, Ribery 29mil, Breno 4mil & lulinha 2mil.

would you say arsenal with torres aguero & ribery etc is better than cesc, nasri & rosicky? i think i've beaten the board here.....discuss....

There is no replacing Fabregas, but Rosicky for 30 million is a good price. Aguero and Torres are both class, you'll do well.

Ribery would replace Nasri there, but Nasri has more youth.

Breno for 4 mil? How'd you do that?

I certainly think that Ribery is better than Rosicky.

However, comparing Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri to Fernando Torres and Sergio Aguero directly is difficult because two are creative midfielders, and the other two are strikers.

However, I think you did ok out of the arrangement yes. Out of interest, who are you playing in midfield, now that Nasri and Fabregas have left?

I would also like to know this. Including how you managed to prise torres away

Well liverpool finished 8th so torres was on my interested but it still took 135k a week with 6mil signing on fee. breno i may have misinformed he only cost 4mil upfront with various add ons.

to answer an earlier question... well since i lost them 3 i'm playing with more width than creativity so i play 4-5-1 with 2 centre mids AML & AMR & AMC with 1 up top. usually banega in the centre with either song, denilson or lulinha. right mid is ribery but i signed menez last year who is good back up. RVP left wing with torres up front.

Arsenal already have Walcott, Adebayor, Vela, Bendtner, Van Persie and Eduardo so personally I would have went looking for a central midfield creator to replace Fabregas and/or Nasri rather than two more strikers. But that's just me :)

Adebayor is the best striker in the game in my opinion and I would play him ahead of Torres but again that's just me.

aguero and ribery much better than rosicky and nasri. why you bought torres i have no idea. despite being one of the best in the game, you have adebayor and van persie, who are just as good somehow.(in FM) also with vela, walcott, eduardo you really did not need a striker. you should have bought a central midfielder. gerrard could maybe have been bought, and then you would have come up top trumps definetely because of gerrrards awesomeness! veloso, bodmer and toulalan would be realistic options who are just as good and maybe better!

Vela, Aguero and Eduardo could all play in central midfield. They'd need a more defensive midfielder alongside them, but otherwise they'd do fine.

I'd see that as wasting what they are good at to be honest but as before, that's just me :).

Just saw that he uses 4231 so Aguero or Vela in the AMC role are apparently beasts according to others. Me I'd rather keep them up front than as an MC in 442. For a top class MC I'm looking for decisions/anticipation/creativity and long shots more important than finishing as it is quite rare for a 442 MC to actually get into the box (unless you drop strikers really deep and have him running in behind).

Could just be my tactical deficiencies though ;)

well with playing 4-2-3-1 my first problem was wingers. in RVP & Ribery i've 2 of the best. I have menez as a backup, what i like about these 3 is i set my wingers to swap positions with eachother so these two can both play left and right. walcott & eduardo cant do this. i'm not a fan of either of these on the game either. Although vela is class i didnt think he was ready for my 1st team yet, and torres is way better than adebayor on the game.

my 2 centre mids i sometime use lulinha at home against weaker opponents were i know i'll have alot of the ball in harder games and most away games i use banega and denilson and djorou who is fantastic even though i cant spell his name lol

Archived