Season expectations, what happens to them!?

After the excitement of getting Stafford promoted to the Championship, I thought im going to need some cash to bring in some quality players after my chairman accepted ‘offers that were too good to turn down’ for my best ones :mad:

I took the gamble and said I would win the championship in order to get the highest transfer budget. With the likes of Middlesbrough, Everton and West Ham in the Championship I now realise that was complete madness, coupled with the fact that nobody half decent wants to ply their trade at Stafford in the first place!

The best im hoping for is mid table, if I get lucky with some January transfers I might make the play offs but that’s not likely. My question is, if I claimed to win the title and don’t deliver it will the board sack me even though a mid table finish for Stafford Rangers in the Championship is an achievement in itself.

it depends on the stats of your board members really. an unforgiving chairman will not tolerate a mid-table finish if you said you aim to win. others might let you off easy, but none of them will be happy and unless you keep performing really well after the failed season goal, your days might be counted. I am sure you will not be able to pull it off two years in a row with any board.

I've managed to win the last 3 and am 3 pts off the playoffs in 9th place and on my monthly review the Chairman and the board are unhappy with the progress in the Championship so I fear the writing may be on the wall come the end of the season.

Would be good if there was an option to blame the Chairman for selling all my best players without my permission! Ah well!

Archived