Running Background Leagues

Firstly i dont have the fastest pc, but find running mimimum leagues on the medium database it seems to run fine.

I would like to know whether, loading players from all leagues, or have additional leagues running makes the game run much slower?

I have tried playing in the maximum datebase before and it is just too slow for me

Thanks

You're probably best just experimenting with it and seeing what your PC can handle. I only run 8 leagues on medium, because large is too slow (although it's not really that slow, i'm just impatient), when I load all players from a couple of other countries it never seems to make a big difference tbh. I suppose if you're only loading all players it wouldn't be a big deal, it would be worse if the game had to generate fixtures as well for those players leagues.

On this subject. Does having leagues running, either in the foreground, or the background impact the nationality of the players that join your youth team at the end of any season, or is that down to the nationality of your youth coaches?

good question - similarly does having all players loaded from a county affect this?

Thanks for the reply, i will try loading all players from a couple of league.

I have done this loading all players from the Argentinian leuague and have noticed, that buying players is a lot more expensive, ie without it Piatti always costs £100k-£150k but when i load all players from Argentina he costs me £1m i have tired this many times now and its the same each time!

On this subject. Does having leagues running, either in the foreground, or the background impact the nationality of the players that join your youth team at the end of any season, or is that down to the nationality of your youth coaches?

I can't say for certain, but IMO the answer is no. In 26 years at Bayern Munich I have only ever had German, Austrian and Turkish players joining my youth team.

In past versions I had trouble running very many leagues but 08 runs so much faster, I don't notice any change in speeds running 40 leagues, but 10 seasons down the line I notice a significant slow down, so I would say it depends on how long you plan on playing as well.

i use ddts and just run the 1 country im going to manage in basically. question i have though is does running only the 1 country have an ill-effect so to speak on tournaments ie running Scottish league, ive seen couple of different teams win the Champions League even with ddts for the top clubs........is it because running so few leagues? need to run more to make it more realistic even though the ddts should do it?

i use ddts and just run the 1 country im going to manage in basically. question i have though is does running only the 1 country have an ill-effect so to speak on tournaments ie running Scottish league, ive seen couple of different teams win the Champions League even with ddts for the top clubs........is it because running so few leagues? need to run more to make it more realistic even though the ddts should do it?

Whatever leagues are active, seem to have much more action in transfer windows, those teams performing well in tournaments as well as those countries performing better in tournaments.

I remember in 07 playing LLM games I would always have only UK leagues running and England would consistently perform better in Euro and WCs and Premiership teams would dominate UEFA much more than they had when I played with many leagues from other countries playing.

Archived