player in club history

Hi,

i was asking SI about this matter in 2006, in 2007 and so i am in 2008 :)

will it be possible to see in club histories, top 5/10 players with most apps/goals records?

like, top 5/10 league/official goal scorers(all time) or top10 playres with most league games played for the club(official games would be nice addon too)

im praying for this small feature since cm2, the day it will be included, most probably, will be one of my best moments with FM ever.

any news about it?

thanks guys,

of course its not only me who got the idea, its been suggested by others aswell

personally i think this feature will add a lot of in game depth, not to mention the fact that, in the end, whats the idea of playing? to be legendary (at least for players) at some club. love. afficion for the club. would be realy nice to check while youre 10/20 years in the game, who still hold the records, who is a real legend at your club.

of course theres some similar features like favourite personals of the club etc, but still - imagine your regen breaking the records inapps or league goals for the club, how "proud" it would make you.

personally i love all kind of statistics, and i wouldnt want all the legends just to retire/become non player stuff, i would like them to be in club history for years if they were really special.

thats how legends are born.Maldini, Raul, Puyol and my favourite Cruchaga(Osasuna over 300league games for the club, needs around 30 to brake the all time record, ofcourse he always do in my game at the age of 35 :))

please SI, let us keep the club legend achivments :)

• SI Staff
Can't believe they haven't added it yet. Unless there's some major coding issue to it, it seems like a very elementary addition.

There are a lot of things to take into consideration when adding things.

How do we display said information in an appropriate way? How do we integrate it into the database for historical records? What do we do if we can't find the top ten appearances for a team like Albion Rovers?

On the surface some things might seem simple but it's always a bit more complex with a lot of other things and priorities to take into consideration.

How do we display said information in an appropriate way? How do we integrate it into the database for historical records? What do we do if we can't find the top ten appearances for a team like Albion Rovers?

On the surface some things might seem simple but it's always a bit more complex with a lot of other things and priorities to take into consideration.

You are right,but it would easy for the well known clubs you know..

Thanks Ter,

of course Youre right, and im aware of all that

still...:)

i think it would be pretty simple to represent this in editor with special column to be edited, this way anyone would be able to fill it on its own (if its not made by researchers).

as for the smaller clubs, i think that writing a special routine that scan all players/nonplayers existing (while creating the game) in the database, and creating a rankings for the small clubs that dont have the records in the database, would do the trick quite fine and easily.

of course some small clubs would have top10 records formed from only existing players/nonplayers career history in the database, in result, for small clubs, case in which said Albion Rovers top3 will consist of players with ~50 league games record is very probably, tho still i think its still better to have such history than none. simply boz, its you who is creating the club history right after the game starts and the whole thing is virtual, not real in real world.

and if youre supporter of some smaller teams you still get the chance to enter the date with editor.

correct me if im wrong here :)

oh and a BIG PS. some sort of this is done already, before every game you get milestones, like player is about to play his 200th lague game for the club etc, so you have a part of code thats doing it, why not give us the chance to see actual rankings, even if its only your actual team in this moment, you have first team players, would be nice to see a table listing at least top 10(if not all) ranking of your actual players sorted by games played for the club, league games etc, this way you could check all your team players how many league games for the club they have played , goals scored. Seeing all this in for mof ranking/table would be great fun. for now we can only see it in milestones, we can see only the 1st in player records for the club. why not show top10 or create a whole new option to checks such rankings. rankings of actual team players of course.

Thanks for reading, and please excuse me, my english is rather poor:)

Even if this isn't in the release they could add it via patch, don't hold your breathe though (ever seen other games patches? they do a lot more than fix bugs).

yeh, surely it could be done via patch, the question is , will it be done at all :)

Archived