Game bug?? The board won't build a new stadium!!

Ok, so I'm managing Zamora (from Spanish Segunda B), and I'm now in year 2019. Was promoted to Segunda, and then finally to Primera 4 seasons ago, and I just signed my best season finishing 7th and qualifying for Intertoto.

My stadium, however, is still the same that I had in Segunda B! It suffered small improvements until it came to what it is now, an 8000 people stadium. However, when I was promoted to Primera I was hoping the board would build a new stadium (as they always do in all my games). They didn't, and they haven't yet...

...and I just can't take it anymore. I have a squad with 22 very good players, nothing else. I'm well inside the wage budget (3-4 millions BELOW) and I've been 2 years without spending a single euro in signings. I fill my stadium in EVERY single match I play at home (attendances rarely go below 7995 out of 8000). But I'm still getting a loss of 1 million of € per month because the income is not enough (due to my stadium being WAY too small). This inevitably leads me to red numbers every season, and I see myself forced to sell one of my star players every summer just to survive.

The board keeps giving me great signing budgets such as 10 or 20M, but it's ridiculous because I KNOW I CAN'T spend a single euro. If I do, I'll end up the season with a balance of -20M and I'll be unable to keep my best players.

What can I do?

Recently, the previous owner sold the club to a new one, but this didn't change anything.

Whenever I ask them to increase the size of the stadium, they keep repeating me that they "remind" me the stadium is not property of the club, and thus it can't be increased.

This must be a mistake however, because they DID increase the stadium in previous seasons, and in a paralell save of this same game that I was playing online with a friend, they DID build a new stadium when I was promoted.

What else can I do? Do you think it's a bug?

Should I try to edit stuff with FM Modifier or something so that I can actually get a decent stadium?

Thank you!

Its the Credit Crunch haha

LOL, you have no idea how right you are :D

yeah ive been discussing this on the recent 'attendance' thread on this forum

its a bitch but people seem to think its sometimes hardcoded as to whether you are allowed a new stadium, despite success or wealth or regular attendance

Well, the thing for me is that in this same game (but in a paralell save which I didn't continue), the board did build a new stadium just the season I was promoted to Primera.

However, I loaded the same savegame just a couple of in-game days before they built the new stadium, pressed continue... and nothing happened. So it seems to be really random.

I didn't give much importance to that because I though it would happen sooner or later. However, it's been 4 seasons in Primera already... without a move by the board other than selling the club to a different owner.

i remember i got southport into the prem and reguarly got them into the champions league for about five years but the board couldnt increase the stadium due to the local council and never even considered building a new stadium

like you, i struggled to compete to pay the wages that my rivals could and had to rely on free transfers to keep myself afloat after years or consistent success

How lucky you are!

In my vauxhall motors save, after many years the board bought me 2 stadia in consecutive seasons - a nice amount of debt too :(

On topic - could be due to;

1/ bank balance - do you have enough for a stadium?

2/ planning permision - are you located in a major city?

3/ attendance - are you consistently filling your current stadium?

4/ profit - you mention that you'd end up £-20m if you spent your budget - does this mean you may have difficulty repaying the loan that would be needed for a new stadium?

5/ Age of current stadium - was it built within the last decade? Maybe the board feel it is "too new" to bulldoze?

6/ How long have you been in the primera? - If you've only recently been promoted (last 3-5 years) then maybe the board feel it is a bit of a gamble as you could go back down?

Hope this helps :D

Archived