Parent Club

i am unable to get more than 1 parent club , i am stockport in league 1 and i currently have preston as my parent club who are in the championship. i used to have bolton but they went down to league 1 after suffering severe financial trouble and i cancelled the link myself and then the board set the link up with preston themselves. i have 2 feeder clubs so the board seem to allow me to have feeder clubs although very rubbish ones. is it a problem with the game because the board always say they agree in principle but cant find a team

you can only have a maximum of 1 parent club but you can have as many as 30 feeder clubs.

I never knew that, although I'm usually at a club too big to have a parent club ie Liverpool, Valencia, Ajax etc...

You learn something new every day. :)

you can only have a maximum of 1 parent club but you can have as many as 30 feeder clubs.

Would there be any advantages to having 30 feeder clubs???? All i can think of is the downside of paying out the money to these clubs...

Would there be any advantages to having 30 feeder clubs???? All i can think of is the downside of paying out the money to these clubs...

i've only had about 12 i think so couldn't tell you. you would be able to have a lot of choice of feeder clubs but i'm not sure on any 'proper' advantages.

You don't pay every feeder.

Let's see, if they were mostly Oriental/American, then you could get a lot of cash from merchandise sales. You could have a few in Belgium and a few in Spain to help with work permits, and several in the lower leagues to give experience.

Let's see, if they were mostly Oriental/American, then you could get a lot of cash from merchandise sales. You could have a few in Belgium and a few in Spain to help with work permits, and several in the lower leagues to give experience.

I think SCIAG is spot on. There's no way that you'll ever need 30 feeders. A couple for work permits, a couple for merchandising maybe 1 for first refusal and say 3 for sending the kids to gain experience. In all that makes a total of 8 which imo is more than enough.

If what you say is true, why was it that as Bishop's Stortford in the BSS I secured a link with Arsenal of the Premiership in my first season, and at the season, the button for 'request parent link' was still active?

As and when your rep increases or you progress to the same/higher division as your parent club (if that is possible) then the link will end automatically, then re-apply and you'll get a bigger and better club. It's very handy for moving through the lower leagues, although your options for the parent club depend on your geographical location.

The closer you are to London for example then the better choice you'll have, for example in FM07 I had a game as Hayes with an initial parent club as Brentford (handy for 2 seasons) then cancelled it and progressed to QPR (very handy for 2 seasons) and then as I moved up I cancelled it and asked again - and got Chelsea or Tottenham...which was very handy indeed!

i meant more that one parent club......

did your club start with more than one parent club? walsall have everton, man utd and liverpool at the start of the game iirc.

I'm doing the San Marino Challenge atm... so does anyone have any advice on Feeder Clubs???

I think this probably has been asked before, should i be sending my regens to teams without a playable league? Ie greyed out teams?

I've not managed to establish a commercial club yet... does anyone know what i should be doing to do this?

Also any recommendations on what or where my feeder clubs should be? Or qualities they should have?

I have English (L2 and above). Scottish, Spanish and Italian (C/2 and)leagues running. I'm in 2017 and mid-table in Serie A.

Thanks

Depends on the nation you're playing in and the type of players you will be signing. Give us some more info and we'll see what we can do.

I'm doing the San Marino Challenge atm... so does anyone have any advice on Feeder Clubs???

I think this probably has been asked before, should i be sending my regens to teams without a playable league? Ie greyed out teams?

I've not managed to establish a commercial club yet... does anyone know what i should be doing to do this?

Also any recommendations on what or where my feeder clubs should be? Or qualities they should have?

I have English (L2 and above). Scottish, Spanish and Italian (C/2 and)leagues running. I'm in 2017 and mid-table in Serie A.

Thanks

Archived