Leauge "Odds" never match with Media Prediction

I guess its a bi late now, with FM09 upon us, but this has bugged me for months.

Before each new season, the SkyBet give odds on the league, and a short description about your odds. Thats fine. Except for this....

"Coming in at 33-1 it seems clear that the bookmakers have you tipped as an outside chance for promotion this campaign"

Then we go to the club information screen, and theres an overview of things like Average Squad Age, Fave People, Disliked Clubs, Stadium, Facilities etc.etc.etc....

Then on that same page we have "Media Prediction".

My Media Prediction this season is 22nd. Yet the bookmakers think I've an outside chance of promotion. Which, is considerably higher than 22nd.

So why do these never match up?

Media Prediction and Bookie prediction are very differnt. For one, bookies prices are usually set by how people bet. he media has their own views.

Also at 33-1 im suprised your getting an outside chance of promotion. 33-1 Very good odds for an outsider in my experiance.

I have also noticed that the news article before a game gives you the betting odd but when you go through to the Match Preview screen it's different! I actually use the odds to help me decide my tactics so it can be very frustrating

Archived