Question on Club Reputation.

Hi.

Does your reputation increase just by qualifying and ultimately playing in the UEFA Cup?

I'm trying to attract a big name or two to my [Newcastle] squad to progress and I am not having much luck so I was wondering if it increases.

If so, does it increase after each match win? And opposingly decrease after each lose?

Obviously winning it is going to increase your club rep significantly, isn't it?

Oh also, is it possible to view the reputation number in-game? I saw it once in the editor but unable to find it in-game.

Cheers! :)

Hi.

Does your reputation increase just by qualifying and ultimately playing in the UEFA Cup?

I'm trying to attract a big name or two to my [Newcastle] squad to progress and I am not having much luck so I was wondering if it increases.

If so, does it increase after each match win? And opposingly decrease after each lose?

Obviously winning it is going to increase your club rep significantly, isn't it?

Oh also, is it possible to view the reputation number in-game? I saw it once in the editor but unable to find it in-game.

Cheers! :)

Not without using a 3rd-part program like FM Genie Scout.

The only way you can see rep is on the club information screen, but you already know that.

Not without using a 3rd-part program like FM Genie Scout.

The only way you can see rep is on the club information screen, but you already know that.

Yeah I am National right now, the next step up is Continental, isn't it?

Would I be correct in thinking it's: Regional, National, Continental, and Worldwide?

I'd like to know what triggers the transition between National and Continental. UEFA Cup win, perhaps? Or just reaching the finals? etc

I get into the Champions league every year with Man City yet no other Champs League players (Silva, Villa etc) will come

Well, if they are already at a CL club, why would they come to you? They don't need to move in order to get CL football, because they already have it.

Team reputation changes, country reputation doesn't.

I believe the reputation changes at mid-season and during the summer. An outstanding first half of the season will be counted and you should be able to attract better players in January. A good overall season will increase your reputation further and you can get still better players during the summer transfer window.

I assume playing in the UEFA Cup increases your reputation. Even if it doesn't, as Neji said it attracts players of its own accord - if you are playing in Europe, players will more likely want to come.

Country reputation does change(if you win Euro or World Cup), league reputation does not.

Anyway from my little experiments: anytime you beat teams that have a higher reputation than you, your team reputation changes but by not much maybe 3 or 5 points and in extreme cases 10 or more. Also if you lose to a team with lower reputation it does go down, but again not by that much. The best way to increase reputation is by winning cups or winning the league(it all depends on the reputation of the cup or league). Uefa Cup can probably add anywhere from 500 to 600 rep points to the winner and 200 to 300 to the loser. However it depends on what your reputation is. If your reputation is more than 8000 points Uefa Cup wont probably help you that much in increasing the reputation, maybe another 100-200 points or so. Champions league on the other side will always increase your reputation even if you are already in +9000. I'm not really sure on how much, but it can be close to 1000 for certain team with low rep. Stadiums moves also can increase reputation, depending on the stadium.

Archived