When Chairman accepts Bid

Just had my chairman accept a bid for a player over my head.

I then went to the transfer centre to see what the exact terms of the transfer were.

When i highlighted the transfer a 'reject' icon appeared on the bottom right of the screen.

Clicked and transfer cancelled....

Anyone else been lucky enough to do this. I usually have just accepted the fact the bid can not be cancelled.

FYI, I'm still playing with 8.0.1 if that makes any difference.

My chairman has just sold my promising Welsh left winger (so blatantly going to be the next Ryan Giggs). I'm Gillingham in the Championship (it's 2022 at the mo) and Blackburn bid £2.5m + 30% sell on fee. I'd have held out for a bit more money, so it would have been nice to reject that one - particularly as the other offers he accepted were around £3.8m + sell on fees.

I've never noticed that, but one thing I have found out is how to stop the chairman selling your best players. Simpily go on one of your players and when on Set Transfer Status, click on the left hand side "Reject All Offers". I experimented this on one of my Weymouth games when I had a keeper I didn't want to sell for 7.5m go under this rule. With this in place, Newcastle made an improved 12m offer which was rejected (automatically).

I've never noticed this option (only because i've never checked and wouldn't take advanatge of it), but i've seen it mentioned on here before. IIRC it isn't an option every time though and you only get the chance to change the decision every so often, don't quote me on that :confused:

Like a similar post about price of players, if the price offered matched my sale value i would sell.

I tend to give minimum release clause to most players even though i'm playing as Nottm Forest in England and it is not a prerequisite for contracts as in Spain.

In this example my DC who is 22yrs has a min fee release of 35mil. Chairman accepted 20mil over my head. I would sell at 35 but will cancel the transfer if i get the option for anything less

I've never noticed that, but one thing I have found out is how to stop the chairman selling your best players. Simpily go on one of your players and when on Set Transfer Status, click on the left hand side "Reject All Offers". I experimented this on one of my Weymouth games when I had a keeper I didn't want to sell for 7.5m go under this rule. With this in place, Newcastle made an improved 12m offer which was rejected (automatically).

It doesn't work mate.

I've been doing that as a 'last resort' as my all conquering Celtic team's board always accepts offers for my players. Even though we have £126m in the bank and a £60m transfer kitty he sees £4-8m offers for my key players as 'too good to turn down'. I have been doing what you did for all my key players, setting asking price to £100m and selecting 'Reject all offers lower than asking price' but my chairman still went ahead and accepted bids.

Luckily for me I've managed to stop a few going by offering them a new contract when this happens. Heres a great example, Abdou Razack Traore, great little player for my team and I didn't want to sell him. The board accepts a paltry £3m bid for him, I felt like resigning but managed to get him on a new contract. Fearing that it would happen again I felt I needed to sell him for what I valued him before I lose him for peanuts. About a week later I sold him for £25m +50% sell-on to Newcastle.

I'm getting fed up with my board to be honest, we don't need the money and we can't attract better players than the ones they're trying to sell over my head.

If i want to refuse the offer i quickly offer the player to all clubs for free and hope he chooses a club i can reject.

That's pretty cunning, but kudos for the lateral thinking there!

Archived