QPR in The Prem???

So i got a new lap top and started a game with QPR, i was told within 4 years i need to make the club a force in the championship, any way after my 1st year i won promotion via the playoffs, but in my 2nd season i started well but ended up being relegated on 26 points after a 10 game loosing streak. I have just completedmy 3rd season and won promotion, again via the playoffs, so the question im asking is can anybody gve me any tips on anything that i can do to make sure i dont get miserably relegated again ?!?!

cheers in advance

us 4-4-2, play ball on floor out wide, players iv got atm....no big name defenders

mids.. liam miller, dickinson ethu, hameur bouza, salifou (villa player)

forwards... jason roberts, samaras, marlon king

i did have amir zaki & bogdan stancu in ma 1st year but chairman accepted bids of 6.5m from bolton (stancu) and 5m for zaki from celtic =(

look in the good players and team forum either in the qpr thread if there is one or try asking in there as they would be able to give you better advice. i would look to strengthen the spine of the team personally. hope that helps.

my brother made QPR a top half prem team within 3 years, won the championship in his first season... when he was promoted he got a lot of money so it wasn't as hard as expected. His team looks like this:

Given, Steinsson, Tamas, Zomer, Pogatetz, Valencia, Tymoschuk, Cana, Zhrikov, V. Love, Konan

i was playing at the same time as him (with ~Newcastle) so discount Given. I think that everyone is right about your defence, as soon as he came up he signed Gabriel Tamas at centre back and he quickly went on to become captain. UNfortunately, QPR's original centre backs just won't be good enough for the premiership

I got QPR promoted through the play-offs in my first season but then got relegated on the last day of the season from the premiership. Just started my fourth season(my second in the premier) after cruising through the championship last season and have learned a lesson..... A solid formation with players who can create and score goals is the key, a good keeper is also helpful! Team looks like this, Diego, semedo spiranovic maduro smith, kingston castillo garvan, dentinho mcfadden moses. Also building for the future with youngsters such as scannell moses wilshere.

concentrate on some decent defenders first - if u dnt concede goals, the worst you can do is 0-0 lol!

but seriously get sum great defenders in then concentrate on your attacking players after.

Most the time when a team gets promoted a league on fm the manager trys to change the team around too much. My advice is keep mostly the same team while making your weak points stronger.

Buy 3 or 4 good players in the summer and 1 or 2 more in January

concentrate on some decent defenders first - if u dnt concede goals, the worst you can do is 0-0 lol!

but seriously get sum great defenders in then concentrate on your attacking players after.

very true build a solid defence then try and strengthen the forward line.

I usually try to improve the spine of the team when I get promoted. A Premiership quality CB, CM and ST. Make sure your keeper is up to scratch as well. Looking at the original posters midfield I would suggest it needs a real injection of quality. Miller, Etuhu and Salifou aren't really up to it.

Your attack looks good to me. I would also advise to invest in your defense. Good DCs and a good GK are the core of any successful relegation struggle.

I would actually say that your attack should be good enough to not having to worry about relegation at all as long as your defence is stable. Really concentrate on that, both in terms of signings and tactics.

hth

The first thing i would do personally, and this might be differnt ideas to what other do.

Invest a fair amount on 2 centre backs who are of good quality. Followed by a striker who can play on his own. Play a 4-5-1 with farrows all the way up the wing for your wingers giving your striker support when he needs it, BUT MKAE SURE HE CAN PLAY ALONE. This i similar to what Walter Smith done at Rangers last season and done me well when i took over Cardiff in a previous save. But dont become a Tottenham.

When i get promoted to a new division, i always say that this is a foundation season. You have to accept that most of the teams, if not all, are better than you. So scrap and fight for every single point you can. If you survive, you have lay down the foundations and now it's time to start building yourself up the league.

I bring in a lot of defensive minded players, some big target men etc. Players who can keep the ball, IE good passing. I normally play with the B1G D tactic.

A good way for a weak team to avoid relegation is to play narrow and apply high pressure.. Destroy their game plan. If needed then use 3 central midfielders. And send a lot of players up for free kicks and corners.

If you have quick defenders then push up with your defence line and apply even more pressure, and if you defence line is weak then fall back.. Thats what i do and i have yet to be relegated in FM2008. Ever. I've been close a few times but never relegated.

Check out the good players forum theres some good advice int he QPR thread. When I played as them I stayed in the prem with a defense of LB Vidal CBs Gioda and Tamas and RB was Chygryinskyi. Also if you can get enough money for a striker with good physical stats they will do the job for you Saddick Adams if he has developed is great and check out Uche. Also check the tactics forum for advice if you are not against downloading other peoples tactics check out the oxford to prem title in 6 season by Knap they are the best tactics I have used on FM.

Archived