Rating co-owned players

A couple of days ago I sold De Ceglie to Southampton who my club Juventus co-owned (with Siena I think) from before the start of the game. As he was actually playing for Siena I wasn't able to get my coaches' ratings of him, but neither was I able to scout him, so basically I had to rate him from what I could see (i.e. his stats and average form). He was 22 but didn't look to be any great shakes, so I took a million for my 50% share which was well over his valuation. However looking at Juventus' starting line up for tonights CL game imagine my surprise to find De Ceglie starting for them! So I may potentially have sold a player with great potential purely because I wasn't able to get any rating for him, which is bloody stupid really. The same thing applies for at the end of the season when I'm asked to bid for my co-owned players, all I have to rate them off is their stats which isn't that useful for players under 24.

It just strikes me as crazy that I can get match reports for a loan player, yet I can't get any info on a player I own half of. I mean if I sell a youngster with a view to taking a look at them in a couple of years and see if they've developed, I actually can't with co-ownership, yet I assume the other club would be able to rate them, which gives them a massive advantage when it comes to the final 'auction'. It seems I may as well just insert a buy back clause in a regular transfer as a big club because the way I see it it's all in favour of the smaller club.

Archived