The Luton Revival - Sign up.

It is time for me to start a new game to keep me busy until FM09 is released. So I have decided to run a sign up.

Lakshmi Narayan Mittal is the 5th richest man in the world and currently residing in Kensington Palace Gardens, London, UK.

Having seen Luton Town go into administration and being deducted 30 points Lakshmi decides to step in and back the teams new creditors LT2020, he publicly announces that he intends to turn Luton into one of London's top teams.

Backing his words with money, Luton town gets a massive revamp of the ground, its training facilities and its youth facilities. Several highly rated youngsters from around the world are brought into the youth team, some even show a promise as first team regulars, despite their tender age.

Game back ground

Luton will start the game on -30 points, a huge challenge to gain promotion lies ahead of them, but promotion is expected within 2 years.

They will receive a healthy bank balance a sugar daddy status and Lakshmi will take over as chairman.

The majority of their existing squad will be replaced with youth players created on this sign up, but some experienced older players will be signed on to tutor the younger players.

The game will be run with most of the major leagues in Europe turned on.

Huge database.

I will be using the Weegie update.

Post your player format like this:

First Name: Real names please, very silly names will be ignored)

Second Name:

Position: As many positions or as few positions as you wish (remember that the more positions you have the more abilities that count against your CA). Also look at what has gone before you, it is pointless you all creating strikers when I am only playing 2 at a time

Height:

D.O.B: I would prefer all players will start out at 16, but it is your choice. 1991 starts you at 16

City of birth: Real places only

Nationality: Where ever you want, but EU is a preference

Other Nationalities:

Favourite Club(s):

Disliked Club(s):

Preferred foot: Choose your preferred foot, if you want to be able to use both feet, use points from your attributes below.

Attributes: You have 140 points to spend on as many or as few attributes as you want. You can just assign 20 to seven abilities if you want an easy life or you can divide the points up between any abilities you want. Be as clever as you wish here. Remember that the game will reduce some of these abilities after the game starts.

As the sign up goes on I will be asking regular posters if they wish to develop there own players training schedules or leave it to me, do they want to go on loan or stay at the club.

I play pretty slowly, so a season will take me a week or more, but I will do a winter and summer update.

I will start the game after I have enough players signed up to create a team.

I can add extra players into the game after it has started, but only if you use names that are already in the game, but the first and second names can come from different sources.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an example player to get you started.

First Name: Jacob

Second Name: Hawkmoon

Position: AM/F C

Height: 195cm

D.O.B: 10/6/1991

City of birth: Tamworth

Nationality: England

Other Nationalities:

Favourite Club(s): Luton, Man Utd

Disliked Club(s): Chelsea

Preferred foot: Right

Attributes: Pace 18, Acceleration 18, Jumping 12, Strength 15, Injury Proneness 1, Determination 12, influence 12, composure 12, Important matches 12, consistency 12, Dirtiness 1, Left foot 15.

First Name: Robert

Second Name:Dawson

Position: AMC/FC

Height:5'11

D.O.B: 28.08.1991

City of birth: Hartlepool

Other Nationalities: Spain, Denmark

Favourite Club(s): Newcastle

Disliked Club(s): Sunderland

Attributes: All at 15: Passing, Finishing, Pace, Long shots, Natural Fitness, Influence, Decisions, Crossing, Consistency Injury Proness 2 Dirtiness 3

Hope thats right. Very nice idea on the points system :thup:

First Name: Chris

Second Name: Small

Position: AM R

Height: 180cm

D.O.B: 05/10/1991

City of birth: Middlesbrough

Other Nationalities: Scotland

Favourite Club(s): Middlesbrough

Disliked Club(s): Newcastle

Attributes: Pace 20, Stamina 20, Dribbling 20, Crossing 20, Consistency 20, Off The Ball 20, Work Rate 20

Guest roberto922

First Name: Robert

Second Name: Jones

Position: Defender Left

Height: 6'' 2'

D.O.B: 20/09/1991

City of birth: Wrexham

Nationality: Welsh

Other Nationalities: Scottish

Favourite Club(s): Everton, Wrexham, Hearts, Real Madrid

Disliked Club(s): Liverpool, Chester, Celtic, Aberdeen, Valencia

Preferred foot: Left Foot

Attributes:

Tackling: 20

Consistency: 20

Leadership: 20

Strength: 20

Pace: 20

Acceleration: 20

Aggression: 19

Injury Proneness: 1

sounds great mate, cant wait :)

First Name: Callum

Second Name: McCarthy

Position: ML/AML

Height: 174cm

D.O.B: 28/10/1991

City of birth: Liverpool

Other Nationalities:

Favourite Club(s): Everton

Disliked Club(s): Liverpool

Preferred foot: Left

Attributes: Pace 18, Crossing 18, Dribbling 17, Acceleration 16, Free Kicks 14, Injury Proneness 1, First Touch 15, Decisions 13, Positioning 15, Long Shots 13,

First Name: Claudio

Second Name: Sanchez

Position: DLC, DM

Height: 185cm

D.O.B: 23.01.1991

City of birth: Madrid

Nationality: Spanish

Other Nationalities: English

Favourite Club(s): Reading

Disliked Club(s): Chelsea, Portsmouth

Attributes: Tackling - 20, Heading - 20, Marking - 20, Long Throws - 1, Strength - 15, Jumping - 14, Influence - 15, Determination - 15, Work Rate - 20

First Name: Adam

Second Name: Griffiths-Smith

Position: MC/L

Height: 189 cm

D.O.B: 10/07/1991

City of birth: Doncaster

Nationality: Wales

Other Nationalities: England, USA

Favourite Club(s): Rotherham United, Real Madrid

Disliked Club(s): Sheff Wed, Doncaster, Chelsea

Attributes: Passing:18 Crossing:15 Corners:15 Pace:15 Acceleration:14 Free Kicks:19 Penalties:19 Dribbling:14 Work Rate:11

First Name: Dan

Second Name: Gleballs (if thats to stupid then ant fool will do)

Position: ST

Height: 205cm (6ft 9)

D.O.B: 23/5/90

City of birth: London

Nationality: Mexico

Other Nationalities: Englsih

Favourite Club(s): Liverpool

Disliked Club(s): Everton

Attributes: Heading 20 Jumping 20 Finishing 17 Pace 18 Strength 20 Balance 15 Work Rate 15 Stamina 10

Injury proneness 1 Dirtiness 1 Long Throws 1 Marking 1 Tackling 1

First Name: Jonathan

Second Name: Soder

Position: ST

Height: 190 cm

D.O.B: 23.01.1991

City of birth: Stockholm

Nationality: Swedish

Other Nationalities:

Favourite Club(s):

Disliked Club(s):

Preferred foot: Either/Both (I assume I pay 20 for that, let me know if not and I'll change)

Attributes: Consistency - 16, Jumping - 18, Off the Ball - 18, Technique - 17, Composure - 17, Pace - 16, Anticipation - 17, Injury Proneness - 1

Sounds interesting, keep it up.

First Name: Cletus

Second Name: Spuckler

Position: GK

Height: 190

D.O.B: 25/1/91

Nationality: English

Other Nationalities: Danish

Favourite Club(s): Tottenham

Attributes: Aerial Ability 15, Handling 15, Reflexes 10, Bravery 13, Command of Area 10, Communication 7, Positioning 11, Strenght 10, Pace 7, Natural Fitness 8, Balance 12, Agility 12, Acceleration 10

First Name: Yohann

Second Name: Pieterzoon

Position: D/WB R

Height: 170cm

D.O.B: 10/9/1989

City of birth: Rotterdam

Nationality: Netherlands

Other Nationalities:Indonesia

Favourite Club(s): Sheff Wed, Man City

Disliked Club(s): Chelsea, Sheff Utd

Attributes: Pace 20, Acceleration 18, Jumping 16, Tackling 19, Injury Proneness 1, Heading 15, passing 20, Crossing 17, consistency 13, Dirtiness 1,

(think that's 140 xD)

I hear Luton needs central defenders :D

First Name: Ricky

Second Name: Nakano

Position: DC/SW

D.O.B: 13/06/91

City of birth: Toronto

Nationality: Canadian

Other Nationalities: English, Japanese

Favourite Club(s): Toronto FC, Plymouth, PSV

Disliked Club(s): Chelsea, Manchester City, New England, Ajax

Preferred foot: Neither/Both (if not possible, then left please)

Attributes: Acceleration 20, Agility 20, Tackling 20, Positioning 20, Composure 20, Marking 20, Anticipation 20 (that should be 140...I think:p)

first name. Paul

Second name. Holt

Position. DC/DM

Height. 190cm

DOB. 12/02/90

City of birth. Luton

Nationality. English

Other. Bermudan

Fav clubs. Luton, Toronto

Dislike clubs. Scum(watford)

Pref foot. Right

Attributes. Heading 20, Marking 20, Tackling 20, Positioning 20, Pace 20, Influence 18, jumping 18, injury proness 1, dirtiness 1, long throws 2

Come on you hatters!!!!

I was thinking of using Alan Shearer as a manager, but then it occurred to me that he probably would not go to a London Club.

Any suggestions for an ex-England international who is not a manager already who I could use as my profile?

Also if any of you have any bizarre squad numbers that you want to have when I am assigning them let me know.

First Name: Madridstas

Second Name: Haowan

Position: FC / AMC

Height: 199 CM

D.O.B: 1989 April 14th

City of birth: Madrid

Nationality: Spanish

Other Nationalities: English, Brazillian, Portugese, French

Favourite Club(s): Man Utd, Real Madrid

Disliked Club(s):

Preferred foot: Both (Right already 20 here)

Attributes: You have 140 points to spend on as many or as few attributes as you want. You can just assign 20 to seven abilities if you want an easy life or you can divide the points up between any abilities you want. Be as clever as you wish here. Remember that the game will reduce some of these abilities after the game starts.

Left foot : 20

Finishing: 20

Dribbling: 20

Passing: 20

Creativity: 20

Free Kicks: 20

Technique: 20

ZJ, there are several other people who i am sure will create players, I see them on the other posts all the time. If I do get short of players I will give you all a shout.

Blowcrapup, Gazza came to my mind as well, I think he will be fun to play. Maybe we should of gone for Barnet with a pub on each corner of the ground?

Challenge changes

Based on the data base checks I have run to make sure the players and team are ok:

1) I have had to lower the reputation of Luton to a mid table level, otherwise the management wants us to get promoted in the first season. The -30 points is not hard coded, so they base their assumptions on the old Reputation of 4000.

The lowering in reputation will unsettle several of the existing players and make attracting staff a nightmare, so I will be signing some out of contract coaches and older players to the cause. Expect to be playing along side some old fading stars.

3) We ended up with a 198PA player in the test, shame it was not for real.

4) Expect some of us to be craptastic in the first few seasons, for example my guy for instance had a Mini Scout rating of 49, which is Sunday league football level. I will be keeping him in as a control player and leaving him as a free agent.

Note There are still spaces left, so far we have one young star for each position, any cover would be done by "real" players at the moment.

First Name: Craig

Second Name: Hopper

Position: MC

Height: 180 CM

D.O.B: 01/03/1991

City of birth: Bishop Auckland

Other Nationalities:

Favourite Club(s): Sunderland

Disliked Club(s): Newcastle, Middlesboro

Passing : 18

Long Shots: 18

Tackling: 17

Technique: 18

Concentration 17

Anticipation 17

Determination 17

Injury Proneness 1

Consistancy 17

First Name: Mat

Second Name: Frith

Position: CB, CM

Height: 180cm

D.O.B: 27/01/whatever makes me 16

City of birth: Edinburgh

Nationality: Scottish

Favourite Club(s): Leeds United, Hearts, FC Barcelona

Disliked Club(s): Man Utd, Sheffield Utd, Cardiff, Northampton Town, Hull City

Attributes: Tackling 20, Marking 20, Heading 20, Bravery 20, Determination 20, Long Shots 20, Pace 20

First Name: The

Second Name: Stig

Position: DC/MC

Height: 190cm

D.O.B: 14/1/1991

City of birth: Crewe

Other Nationalities: Peruvian

Favourite Club(s): Crewe, Milan

Disliked Club(s): Stoke, Port Vale, Inter

Attributes: Pace 18, Acceleration 18, Jumping 19, Strength 18, Injury Proneness 1, Determination 19, Influence 18, Penalty Taking 19, Free Kicks 18

First Name: Tom

Second Name: Crawford

Position: AML/R

Height: 168 cm

D.O.B: 13/5/91

City of birth: Cambridge

Other Nationalities: Austrian

Favourite Club(s): Cambridge United, Luton

Disliked Club(s): MK Dons, Watford

Attributes:

Pace 18

Dribbling 19

Crossing 18

Passing 16

Creativity 13

Finishing 15

Stamina 15

Consistency 15

Injury Proneness 1

Dirtiness 1

If we can still sign-up for this:

Second Name: Proctor

Position: DC

Height: 6ft 2in

D.O.B: 4/9/1991

City of birth: Bury St Edmunds

Other Nationalities: Canadian

Favourite Club(s): Ipswich Town

Disliked Club(s): Norwich City

Attributes:

Tackling 20

Heading 20

Jumping 20

Strength 15

Composure 20

Concentration 15

Penalty Taking 15

Injury Proneness 1

Determination 14

First Name: Jonny

Second Name: Dean

Position: Forwards

D.O.B: 26/7/86

Other Nationalities: Brazilien

Favourite Club(s): Southampton, Weymouth

Disliked Club(s): Yeovil, Portsmouth

Attributes:

Finshing 18

Composure 15

Pace 16

Flair 15

Consistency 15

creativity 15

First Name: Bill

Second Name: Delgado

Position: CB/DR

Height: 155 cm

D.O.B: 29/6/1991

City of birth: Bath

Other Nationalities: Scottish

Favourite Club(s): Newcastle, Luton

Disliked Club(s): Man U

Attributes:

Pace = 20

Jumping = 15

Heading = 15

Strength = 15

Tackling = 15

Marking = 15

Positioning = 15

Crossing = 15

Passing = 15

Second Name: Smith

Position: DM/CM

Height: 188cm

D.O.B: 29/5/1991

City of birth: Lisbon

Nationality: Portugese

Favourite Club(s): Leeds

Attributes: Tackling 20, Long Shots 20, Passing 20, Strength 20, Heading 20, Bravery 20, Work Rate 20

Hope thats ok. Thanks.

The data base is completed and I am testing the game to check I have not made any errors.

player pictures, if any of you would like to have a picture for your player, please feel free to post a link to the picture you want. I will add them into the game as we go along. A great sight with some pug ugly faces is the NFL players site.

Future Players, missed out on the start up? Well you can still be added in, I am limited to using names that are already in the data base, but that gives you a lot of combinations. I can add you in as new youth players each season. I will also replace any drop outs in this way.

First Name: Samuel

Second Name: Page

Position: GK

Height: 188

D.O.B: 08.02.1991

City of birth: Croydon

Nationality: (Would prefer Argentinian :p) English

Other Nationalities: Argentinian

Favourite Club(s): Manchester United, Olympique Lyonnais, Atletico Madrid

Disliked Club(s): Chelsea, Blackburn

Attributes: Reflexes (17), One on Ones (16), Rushing Out (15), Handling (15), Decisions (14), Positioning (15), Consistency (16), Agility (17), Jumping (14), Pressure (1)

Thanks very much. :)

Let The Luton Revival Begin

These are the words that echoed around the crowded press room as Chairman, billionaire industrialist, Lakshmi Narayan Mittal unveils his vision for the future of The Hatters. In fairness he cut an imposing figure, turned out immaculately in his pin stripe suit, still many of the gathered press could be heard to whisper questions about his qualifications to run a football team. No one there doubted that his financial backing could lead to great things, after all this is the man who holds two world records, the first is for owning the worlds most expensive house, a bargain at £70 million, the second being his daughters wedding, which set the record for the worlds most expensive at a princely sum of £60 million. If money equals power, then here is a man who could rival superman in a contest.

Lakshmi spoke elegantly and effortlessly as he detailed his plans to challenge the FA in court over their separate 10 and 20 points penalties inflicted because of the previous owners misdealing. He spoke in some length about how the 20 point deduction punished the clubs current management for their honesty in alerting the FA to irregularities by the previous management.

He then went on to reveal some of his new player coaches, a murmur went around the room as Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink entered the room, followed by Gianluca Pagliuca and finally, but not least, by Giovanni. Between them, these 3 player/coaches held 80 international caps. Lakshmi waited for the assembled press to quite down before he introduced his next surprise, new manager Paul Gascoigne. Gazza entered the room smiling broadly like an inane idiot, the press burst into an excited chatter of conversation, several of them were seen to chuckle. What little faith Lakshmi had generated in his ability to run a football club was crushed in that moment, he had placed an alcoholic joker in charge of his team. Gazza slurred his words several times during the interview and many expected that he had taken a drop of Dutch courage before facing the cameras.

The headlines were not kind the next day.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Gianluca Pagliuca

Giovanni

Paul Gascoigne

Next we will introduce our new star youth players gathered from around the world.

Archived