new idea for 2010

wardog

Ok, was thinking maybe you could ask your assistant manager/scout to check a team of your choice(probably a title rival or main rival) transfer targets. IRL it happens alot TEAM A are after such and such and all of a sudden TEAM B bid and get him before TEAM A have a chance to get the money or placed a bid.

The reason i said 2010, like in my last thread titled "Idea for 2010" is all ideas will be too late for 09 and by the time it will be out any good ideas that ome into my head will be long gone in being engrosed at the 09 new features.

Jesus , FM09 hasnt even hit the shelves , and there are calls for impovements to FM10 lol

Ter has said in the past that ideas for future versions are always welcome so I don't think that its too early for FM2010. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the staff at SI are already discussing what they would like in FM2010.

As Rangers, ive never seen a player Celtic are going to sign until its done. Id like to pcik a few of these players under their noses

If you go to Celtic's transfer centre, you can see any bids that they have made and any players that they are in negotiations with. This is obviously the same for all clubs.

I think its a good idea and sorry if this is of topic but i would like to have first option on a player i think ive seen it on fm or cm before but not sure.

Thats down to Feeder Clubs. For Example i currently have Hull as a Feeder, everytime they accept a bid i get an option to bid the same

Jesus , FM09 hasnt even hit the shelves , and there are calls for impovements to FM10 lol

It's perfectly sensible to assume that any new idea brought up just now is way too late to make it into the game.

You can already do this. You can assign a scout to a team.

But the idea was not about scouting their current team, but going after who they might be interested in.

Ok, was thinking maybe you could ask your assistant manager/scout to check a team of your choice(probably a title rival or main rival) transfer targets. IRL it happens alot TEAM A are after such and such and all of a sudden TEAM B bid and get him before TEAM A have a chance to get the money or placed a bid.

I really dislike this idea though :(:thdn:

Irl it just doesn't work that way because of many reasons.

What should assmen or scouts actually do to find out other teams' transfer targets? Sneak into their offices? Call them and just ask? This is not working irl nor could it be implemented into the game in any convincing way.

Furthermore team B don't buy a player because they found out team A wants him. They will want the player just by themselves and just work better, as in not talking to the public about it while the papers will have been full of team A's interest.

And this is btw exactly they way it should be done. Everything we and all scouts can know is what is in the press or talk with agents who might know something (or could mislead). This will be covered by the rumours section in FM09. Some will be accurate, others won't. It doesn't get any better irl, nor should it in the game.

It's perfectly sensible to assume that any new idea brought up just now is way too late to make it into the game.

But the idea was not about scouting their current team, but going after who they might be interested in.

I really dislike this idea though :(:thdn:

Irl it just doesn't work that way because of many reasons.

What should assmen or scouts actually do to find out other teams' transfer targets? Sneak into their offices? Call them and just ask? This is not working irl nor could it be implemented into the game in any convincing way.

Furthermore team B don't buy a player because they found out team A wants him. They will want the player just by themselves and just work better, as in not talking to the public about it while the papers will have been full of team A's interest.

And this is btw exactly they way it should be done. Everything we and all scouts can know is what is in the press or talk with agents who might know something (or could mislead). This will be covered by the rumours section in FM09. Some will be accurate, others won't. It doesn't get any better irl, nor should it in the game.

So Celtic wanted Loovens before Rangers wanted him. Incorrect. Infact IIRC they only bid after Rangers couldnt agree a fee.

Like jayahr, I don't like the idea in this form. What should be happening is that the players agents should be telling you about the moves. I.e. you get a message from an agent saying "Celtic have put a bid of £Xm in for player Y, but he would much rather play for Rangers" with buttons to make a bid for the player.

So Celtic wanted Loovens before Rangers wanted him. Incorrect. Infact IIRC they only bid after Rangers couldnt agree a fee.

I'm not arguing that transfer rumours about other teams have no influence on other clubs. I'm working in a club and I have my 2 cents in any transfer we make, so I'm sure that I know what I'm talking about and how things work.

One club in our league has made a very good transfer this summer and had we and others known that this player was available at such a low price, we/they might have joined the race for him. So at times knowing that indeed influences clubs' transfer policies.

But knowledge of that is only gained via the press or talking to agents (who should not be trusted too much as I said) and not via some kind of scouting the shortlists of other teams.

Ao I argue that we should get all info on that via the media as irl and not via some way/option to scout for these as it's virtually impossible. And this rumor mill indeed appears to be simulated in FM09 as we can see from the screenie and the feature announcement. :)

Bigdunk has a point. I would prefer this as an agent approaching you - because you're a rival of the other club, a club the player preferes, a bigger club, whatever - than the assistant or scout telling you about. Nice idea none the less.

You know i never actually thought of the agent.

Ok well one of them. I would like to see someone being able to give you a helping hand lol.

In the podcast is indicated that the AssMan now actually gives you advice on who might be a good signing. This should be one you'll like :):thup:

That is, only if their judgment stops being utter crap ;)

It is a good idea, but wouldn't it be better in the "wishlist" which is where this kinda thing's meant to go? ;)

Wishlist has ideas. Im not searching for it i never seem to be able to get the search to work. Also how many ideas do you actually see oput of it. Are you going to say that about every signle one.

Wishlist has ideas. Im not searching for it i never seem to be able to get the search to work. Also how many ideas do you actually see oput of it. Are you going to say that about every signle one.

Seconded. If I had an idea and would like to see it discussed, an own thread would be where I saw the best surrounding for any discussion.

AFAIK, the wishlist thread is for users who are posting lists of ideas on what they want in future games. Opening new threads is the way to go when talking about a single idea (obviously as long that there is not a thread on the same topic already).

Anyway, as I said above if you look at the a club's transfer centre you can then see who they have made a bid for.

It is a good idea, but wouldn't it be better in the "wishlist" which is where this kinda thing's meant to go? ;)

The wishlist is really just a place for people to post lists of things which they would like to see in the game. Individual ideas which deserve discussion should really go in new threads.

Archived