Wonderkid loan strategy

I have Lazio, Zaragoza who are inquiring about a season-long loan for a wonderkid of mine (Gai Assulin). The year is 2010, I am currently playing West Ham Utd, and my youth facilities are State Of The Art level. Do i bother loaning Assulin out ?

I haven't read too much about loan strategy, especially for wonderkid players. When to load them out, to what kinds of clubs, etc. etc.

Would love to hear others' input on this ...

Thanks

If he's not going to get in your team, and you feel he'll get games at either Lazio and Zaragoza, then I would loan him out. It'll be great experience. Although loaning him out may mean that he'll be on the training schedule of the team he has joined which may hinder development.

This probably hasn't helped lol, but thats what I think.

I loaned Sergio Mota to Olypiacos. Wasnt near first team standard. I was Maderia and Greeks where unplayable. He came back my best player, and when i moved to Cardiff signed him again and he became the base of the team. All because of that single loan.

I don't like to loan my players out, as they won't train as well there as in my club. As long as they're still young and play regularly in my reserve team that's fine with me. And I don't think your player would play a lot at those clubs, so he probably won't gain anything in experience.

Personally I think you should because I doubt he's going to get too much first team experience at your club and Lazio and Zaragoza are both decent teams and he could come on in leaps and bounds if he gets a good amount of games at one of those clubs. However ensure you can recall him if it's not working/he's not getting games/you need him.

Lets for example say I am in EPL...if i have a wonderkid, at 17 i will send him on loan at L1 or L2 level. If he progresses well then next season to Champ...at 19 he makes first team and if performs well in his few chances during first half of season then I will start playing him more or he goes to champ or EPL loan for half-season.

Usually I found playing first-team is better than reserve.

If you are loaning them to a good team with good training facilities then that is very good. I have just loaned my young regen striker to Middlesbrough (they are kind of struggling at the bottom of the prem table at the moment) and he is doing super, I think I will keep him on the team next season, now that he has shown me what he can do at this level. Kind of like a Marco Boriello thing.

Regular first team football at any level is better than regular reserve football.

I found that out the hard way when one of my regens touted as the next Luca Toni didn't fulfill his potential because I left him in the reserves to long.

Loan assulin out, It will be good for him. And if its not working out, just recall him. Simple. :D

I'm with phnompenhandy on this one. I think training facilities is crucial in deciding whether to loaning this guy out. He could be playing regularly first team football in league one (with roughly 7-8 on training facilities), but is it the same as playing reserve football at roughly the same standard with higher training facilities (14+)?

Also, you can get your players to play in the formation you want if you tick the box in Manager Options to use current match tactics in reserves and under 18s. I recommend that you tick the "can be recalled" box too and keep an eye on him.

when a CPU club offers to loan a player, the reason they want him is usually displayed, i.e 'back up for the first team'. Personally, if i have one or more clubs looking at my player i send him to the one that i believe he will get the most games at. Look at his positions (as with Asulin, he is extremely versatile) and look at the current players in that position. Also, in this case, Lazio and Zaragoza are fairly good sides and i believe their training facilities can't be much worse than your own. Sending him on loan also gives you the chance to see if he can score or create goals from his position which is a must for an attacking-midfielder

Didn't somebody do a big study ages back about the effects on CA of loaning players out tp playable/non-playable leagues vs keeping them in your reserves vs limited 1st team action, and found that the level of the training facilities at the club the player goes too makes little difference (nor if the league is playable or not), and that it getting 1st team action gave the biggest boosts to CA?

For me, it depends on the development of a player. When I've been at a club for some time, and consquently built up a scouting network, good training and the like, I tend to sign lots of young players that the scouts recommend.

These players generally go in my reserve team, all made available for loan. Should the player develop quickly however, I tend to throw them into my own first team (normally 17-19 years old). If they are not developed enough (which is more frequent), then I tend to have them loaned out every other season until they are either good enough or sold. That seems to work for me.

Jep, I do the same JumbledSausage. There's one little 'catch' though. I've noticed that a lot of players come back 'crushed'. They loved their time at the loaned team. Most of the time they also have that team on the favorite list after the loan term ends... this could mean he wants to be transfer listed the next season or when the 'old' loan team makes an offer and you decline they get really upset.

Archived