"Asking Price"

Carl87

Hi.

I never set a specific 'asking price' for any of my players but when a club asks how much I want for a certain player I negotiate a specific price to that club, but unfortunatley the price I negotiate is always set as my asking price when really it's just the price I want to sell the player for to that club.

An example is one that has just happened in my game: I might want to sell Alan Smith to Lazio for £5m straight but to West Ham for £7m + various clause(s)

Why? Because I'm not a great fan of selling my players to clubs in the same league.

I hope it's been changed in 09, or is planning on been changed in future versions!

Anyone agree?

I've tended to like the default behavior, so I wouldn't want it changed ... but your point makes logical sense. Perhaps it could be a checkbox in the "reply" message, defaulted to "Set as asking price" but easy to click off for cases like your West Ham inquiry.

The other thing I'd like to see is "Set Asking Price" for players transfer-listed by the AI. For example, if I hit the "Search" button and look for "Transfer Listed" players, I want:

- to be able to filter for players with an Asking Price below X, and then

- to be able to sort my resulting list by Asking Price

Yeah, quite like this provided it was implemented correctly.

On a side note though I don't tend to like the current asking price option. Even though certain players in my squad do have asking prices set, other teams still come in asking how much I want for Player X. Sounds stupid to me when the price has already been set.

I wish we could bring back the old "unavailable for transfer" option just to stop the weekly inquiries.

Fine if a club wants to make a large offer, but being asked every week by the same teams how much you want for the same player is annoying.

agreed. :thup:

Archived