sub goalie

wardog

Play him in carling cup, then when you go out, if you have a big lead, bring him on in the last few mins.

Lol i did this once i was 3-0 up and 60 minutes gone. All over the other team! looked like scoring more. So i brought on my regen 19 year old keeper and he got a 5 they scored 3 goals i think. May have been 2, but i was pretty annoyed that just by changing keeper suddenly a team i was pummeling who had not hardly any chances could suddenyl pummel my team into the ground

Minor point, and slightly off topic, but has anyone ever had a goalie injured in a game?

I always keep a sub goalie on the bench for the sake of realism and yet my starting keeper has never been injured during a game. Nor has the other team's. We're talking about 10 seasons plus.

Is this common? Most unrealistic in my view. Goalies are among the players most likely to get hurt IRL if you ask me.

Minor point, and slightly off topic, but has anyone ever had a goalie injured in a game?

I always keep a sub goalie on the bench for the sake of realism and yet my starting keeper has never been injured during a game. Nor has the other team's. We're talking about 10 seasons plus.

Is this common? Most unrealistic in my view. Goalies are among the players most likely to get hurt IRL if you ask me.

It is in there, I've definately seen it and even been punished once for not having a sub keeper, i think my keeper got sent off so for last 10 mins had a left back in goal hehe somehow i shut out the game and won still(1-0) But your right it doesn't really happen that often but then many would complain that their keepers are getting injured too frequently! hard to find that balance

Whether or not your backup goalie is happy comes down to his personality, I reckon.

I've had a backup whinge on for a first team place/loan move/transfer even though I gave him more than a fair crack of the whip.

Others have been quite happy with nothing more than the odd cup game or reserves match.

Just life real life, some people are born moaners.

Archived