Fat screen

I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to system requirements and other computery things, so this might sound daft but I'll ask anyway.

I play Football Manager 2008 on my laptop. My friends is also an addict to the game, and on a recent visit to his house I saw that the game was much sharper on his monitor whereas on my laptop it is a bit more stretched and not quite as nice to look at! Is there anyway I could solve this, as its annoying me a bit now?

Thanks.

Ok this could be 1 of a few things, the 1st thing would be your screen resolutions, I have mine set at 1280 x 1024. The main issue may well be if the game is being played on full screen on your laptop and your laptop is widescreen, if so then having it at full screen is going to cause the issue due to FM08 not being widescreen compatible (or at least I'm guessing it's not) and FM09 will be as it was 1 of the features Miles said about in the video's. If you can get a screen res of 1280 x 1024 you can play in windowed mode which normally helps it. Another thing could be your graphics card but if it is a new laptop (within the past year or so) then I can't see this being a problem

unselecting the full screen mode in preferences didn't work for me.

if you have this problem, copy & paste this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed "

into target if you right click your fm icon and select properties.

I had to use windowed mode to get it sharper. My laptop only has a screen resolution of 1280x800. But its fine now thanks to the windowed mode.

Thanks all for your help. :)

You can also use the following, this is full screen mode, but a nice resolution :)

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -fullscreen_height=800 -fullscreen_width=1280

Archived