To sign, OR not to sign!

I'm now approaching the end of the 2013/2014 season. I am Real Madrid and have very much enjoyed the challenge of moulding them into a team that plays good football and wins things. I was looking to rebuild my team a little and shift some of my players that are 28 or over I guess, in order to give my game a new lease of life. Therefore I have been looking round for young talent, But I have now just realised that Bojans' release clause is at £44mil. Which is clearly pretty good. But i'm not sure whether I should or not. Is it cheating taking advantage of the renewal of contracts in the Spanish league leading to players having low release clauses? Would it make my game too easy? As then Barcelona would have lost their best player as over the last season he is the only reason they have been competitive!

So my question is... Would he make the game too easy or is it just too good an opportunity to turn down the chance to sign the best player on the game (i've never had him before) at the current moment(season 2013/2014) compared to any of the regens etc?

PGB

I am Real Madrid and have very much enjoyed the challenge of moulding them into a team that plays good football and wins things.

:confused: :D

If you have the cash and don't mind splashing it about a bit then go fit, but if it was me i'd look for a nice cheap striker from a small team, it's more satisfying to think you discovered this gem, rather than just poached him off a rival.

I know you may not think Real madrid is a challenge but its not like you can just be any great team and instantly win things. Need to do the right things. Especially when there people moaning ridiculously in other threads saying that its not fair why aren't i winning things lol. Though yes i do agree about its better to have your own gem, i will probably do that. its not like he's the be all and end all, i'm sure i can find somebody equally as good for a quarter of the price.

Calm down dear! I was only joking, I play as Bayern Munich and consider that a challenge :p

I'd rather buy £40m worth of yougnsters for your rebuilding process than give Barca the cash for a player who usually leaves on a free and ends up at Juve.

I wasn't having a go back at you btw just stating my opinion :) I understood you were joking.

Lost in internet translation I guess. Anyways, what did you decide?

Erm nothing yet i was about to save my game cos it was the end of my lunch (had to get back to work - well not really just sitting on these forums hehe) I quickly checked how many goals he had now after scoring 4 in the last game and then noticed his release clause. I dunno what to do with Robinho tho lol he is 30 was gna get rid but 2nd half of season he's been back to his amazing self. Might keep and let him retire eventually. Hopefully fm09 will be out by then!

Archived