Would This Ruin My Online Game?

Mikal

Hi there,

I am starting to get bored of my games on FM lately, but the only game I am still interested in playing is my online one. What I was thinking of doing is making a copy of the save and renaming it, loading it up and probably retiring my mate, then carry it on as a single player game, whilst still having the online one to play when my mate wants to play.

But what i'm thinking is that if I play it as a single player as well I might get so far ahead of the online game that I have no motivation to go back to my online one.

What would you do? Would you try it as a single player game? Only play FM when you can play online, or try and find another team which will interest you?

Appreciate any replies!

p.s apologies if in wrong section.

I love doing this, I had a game with my mate, we were the 2 Milan teams and I got bored of my own games so I retired my mate and carried on, I now enjoy the online game more cos I'm trying to replicate what I have done in my personal game!

Whichever you decide to do good luck with it

It depends - I'd check with your mate, he might be annoyed. Why? Because in each save game, players will have different potential abilities. So, say you discover a 17-year-old in your one save, and play him for ten seasons and he's the best thing since sliced bread .. or at least since Pele. Wouldn't you be tempted to go sign him for your online game as well?

If so, your mate might have every reason to regard that as cheating, if he found out about it.

. . .

If he's okay with it, fair play - carry on.

If not, I'd suggest that you identify why you're more into that game than a normal one you create. Have you gotten emotionally attached to the team, or to the players? If that's it, is there a way you can forge that emotional attachment to a new game?

Yeah I think i'll leave the online game as an online game. And to Amaroq, I think the reason I like it so much is the competitive element playing with another player. So i'm not sure what to do now to be honest. Whether to call my single player FM08 games over and just continue the online one for an hour or so a day and occupy my free time with something else until FM09 comes out, or at least until oct. 17th for Pro Evo!

Cheers for the replies, but I do think my single player games could well be over for now.

Archived