Poor Old Manager....

Ok so in FM08 I have played one season with the mighty Haukar, a 2nd division Icelandic amateur team who were recently promoted to the 2nd tier of Icelands league!

Astonishingly in my first season I won the division because of a dynamite 21 year old striker who got 33 goals in 31 games!

So I get promoted to the top tier of Icelands league and after winning promotion, with my club still part time being an amateur club, I get offered a years extension to my contract at the lovely sum of £0 a week like the rest of my staff and players.

THEN in the build up to the new season my club turns pro, I then offer all my backroom staff full time paid contracts and do the same with my players so everyone is happy.

I thought, hang on, it looks silly that everyone is now getting a wage and not me so clickity click into my Boardroom options to ask for a new contract that is paid in par with the rest of my staff and to reflect that we are now professional and the option is greyed out.

So poor old me, the manager who has taken this club from the bowels of nowhere to the chance of trying to grab European football is getting paid £0 a week whilst all other staff and players pick up a nice wage.

Anyone know how long it takes from signing a new contract till I get the option back to ask for a new one?

SI may want to consider refining their code for when you can get a new contract depending on the status of your club being amateur or pro for FM09!

When i start a new game, i use the editor to set my wage at £1000 a week. I dont need the money and its a waste. Also, it saves on the wage bill and expenditure.

Your wage is linked to job security though, the higher the wage the less likely you are to get sacked because clubs do have to pay compensation.

Archived