Playing Football Manager on a MSI Wind?

RamGuy

Hi,

I've just pre-ordered Football Manager 2009, and have to admit I'm really excited about this years version!

I don't really know why I' am more excited this year than the previous years, but I just have a feeling that this is the year when Sports Interactive will really shine!

I just got one dumb question, I'm planning to play the game on my laptop, as I always do.

Because then I've got the opportunity to have the game with me all the time!

This year my laptop is a MSI Wind, which got no optical unit?

It's not that hard to actually install the game, I just create an image of the disk, put it on a usb-stick and install it from there.

But what about when the game is going to check if I got the disk inserted upon launch?

I've been thinking of an external optical unit, but what does that really help?

I'm not going to have it on me all the time, so if I suddenly want to play FM09 at school or something I wont have it with me so then I' am in the same boat once again?

The digital download version, does that one got a few issues with different editors and "addons"?

I've been thinking of an external optical unit, but what does that really help?

I'm not going to have it on me all the time, so if I suddenly want to play FM09 at school or something I wont have it with me so then I' am in the same boat once again?

The digital download version, does that one got a few issues with different editors and "addons"?

I don't think it has any issues, although I can't say for certain as I don't have that version.

Archived