Loans 'Too Good to turn down'... or not

Neji

I've taken a massive risk with my current team. I've relied upon one goalkeeper for the entire season. Luckily, he hasn't missed a game for any reason. Until, that is, one and half weeks before my teams very first CL final. He picks up a two week injury. The season has just finished and with no reserve keepers (or even youth keepers) I am desperate for a top loan signing to replace him.

Funnily enough, Reina is transfer listed and so I thought I'd go in and offer to loan him for 1 month, which would cover the Cl final. With the PL season over, I figured they had nothing to lose. So I offer them 1 million pounds so I can loan him for a month. They reject because 'they don't want to loan him to a divisional rival'. Fair enough.

Having a funny feeling that all may not be well, I offer them 100 million to take him on loan for a month. What do they say? 'we are not prepared to loan him to a divisional rival'. With the PL over and 100m to make, there is no chance that any team would reject this.

I know my offer isn't entirely realistic but I just feel that them rejecting it, for a keeper they don't play is a bit silly. Now to look for a sensible option.

/Rant

I also made a few silly money offers for keepers in other leagues. They won't let their keepers go because of their first team commitments... even though the season is over for them.

Genoa whose finances are 'insecure' turned down 100m for their second choice keeper. I offered them 100m, and 100% of his wages for one month. Same reason.

And did you win the match?

:( My GK had a grand total of 2 shots to save, he missed them both. That teaches me a lesson :mad: OR maybe the AI was cheating!?

Fair enough keepers don't get injured very often at all but how can you not have a reserve keeper of any description??!! Not even a youth keeper or anything? It makes me wonder how the hell you got to the CL final in the first place...
Calm down dear :D

I just assumed I had a youth keeper of some sort. I've relied upon several loans throughout the season for backup, never had to play one. It's just my luck that my never injured keeper gets himself injured for the CL final. I've had him at Boro for four years, and he never once had an injury :mad:

Question;

Why did you ever think that you'd be able to loan in a player that would be eligible for European competition at this stage of the season? Surely it would be obvious that you would have to register him?

Plus, how can you make loan offers? Is the transfer window not shut?

Assuming you are already in May, there is no way you would get to sign a player who is contracted to another club. Simply coz the TW is closed. You'd only get free agents but too bad you can not use that player coz he was not there with you on the day of UCL registration.

Anyways, a lesson learned, surely.

I didn't think that you could sign a player on loan outside the transfer window? I don't think there's an emergency loan option either???

As it happens the game allows you to loan a keeper at anytime outside the window. I only found out when a Prem club came in for one of my backups.

Surely if you had loaned a GK under the age of 21 (at least I think it's 21?) then he would have been able to play?

Players under that age don't need to be registered in order to play in Europe IIRC.

Good point, I wonder if that would have worked. The bit about refusing 100m is ridiculous though.

Surely if you had loaned a GK under the age of 21 (at least I think it's 21?) then he would have been able to play?

Players under that age don't need to be registered in order to play in Europe IIRC.

I was just about to say that...good job I read the whole thread before responding!

I've never gone into Champions League with only 1 goalkeeper though! I always make sure first that I have someone as backup even if it is an U21 naffish keeper.

I didn't think that you could sign a player on loan outside the transfer window? I don't think there's an emergency loan option either???

Well, I thought the same but the AI in a previous season loaned my keeper outise of the tranfer window so I thought I'd do the same. I'm not sure if it was because of an emergency loan situation or you can loan them whenever you want like rusty_u said.

Question;

Why did you ever think that you'd be able to loan in a player that would be eligible for European competition at this stage of the season? Surely it would be obvious that you would have to register him?

Plus, how can you make loan offers? Is the transfer window not shut?

Well, in a mad panic to get a backup keeper, I didn't really give it much thought - I was just thinking that I need a keeper and quick :D

I did not think of that. I blame you for my defeat! Why didn't you come into this thread before I played the game!? :D

Archived