A suggestion for all those wanting to know specs

I've seen countless threads asking whether FM will run on certain setups, and It makes me wonder whether it would be worth SI (or some independent person) releasing a benchmark utility using actual game calculations etc. similar to what is seen with 3d games. Vista users could easily just have a chart to compare against their windows performance score. But for non vista users a benchmarking util would be a great addition.

I seem to recall Miles mentioning in either one of the podcasts or possibly one of the interviews that have been published that the specs for the game will probably be very similar to the current game. So if you can run that then you'll be able to play the new game even with the 3D feature.

Did the cashier have a stripey shirt and a mask on?

yeah, do you know him?

Well if you spent £2000 on a new computer and it cant run fm2009 at a decent level then you need to get a refund as far as im concerned !

The official reason is graphic design and university work. Real reason is I just want get Cardiff to the premiership a bit quicker

Benchmarking FMx seems a little like studying the tensile strength of a paper bag. It isn't all that a hardware intensive application. More information never hurts though.

I think that the many configuration questions arise because so many people that play FM play only FM and are generally not super computer-savvy. Some are, but less than the 'norm' for gaming. Also, there is a lot of anticipation and preparation for the year's new product and getting the hardware ready is like a dog circling before lying down. I mean, one time around is enough, right? :) Nobody wants to buy the game and then find out they didn't do their upgrades or can't play. So it has to do with that rather than some confusion about game reqs really, imo.

Did the cashier have a stripey shirt and a mask on?

This really made me LOL, my Mum actually came in asking me what I was laughing at!

Anyway, I know it seems FM09 will be similar spec to FM08 but does that also make it similar to FM07 (I never bothered with 08 you see).

I only ask because I like to play many leagues on a large database but I also want the 3D option available too. I have a 1.83MHz core 2 duo processor, 4GB RAM, 2mb cache on Vista 32bit etc. What do you think?

I played FM07 on an old desktop PC that didn't even meet the minimum system requirements.

It had a Pentium 3 and only 256Mb RAM but still ran many leagues with a large database. It wasn't even noticeably slow.

I'm currently playing FM08 on a laptop with a Dual-Core @1.87GHz, and a 1Gb RAM, it runs LOADS of leagues/countries with a large database no problem whatsoever.

I don't really feel the need to go out and buy a super computer for FM09 as I have every faith that 09 will run perfectly well on this.

SI have always been quite good in making their game work on the lowest possible spec.

The amount of people I see on here saying "I only have 4/6Gb RAM and a quad-core processor; will FM09 work?!!!!" baffles me.

Relax, it'll probably run on an old calculator.

Won't look like much though... :D

Archived