S-League anyone?!

I'm here in Singapore, but have not tried the Singaporean League.

Have watched it on television, and the style of play is strikingly similar to the Primera Liga. Fast, action-paced football. However, it lacks a certain oomph.

I'm in SG for a few months as well, can't really be bothered to take in the footie but I know a little about the league.

I'd recommend the Young Lions. Unique challenge, as it's made up of U-23 players (don't know if there is an age restriction in the game) and they have a relatively large stadium in the city center. Otherwise, Singapore Armed Forces Football Club have a cool name and I drove by their stadium once! Sure that helps haha...

I'm here in Singapore, but have not tried the Singaporean League.

Have watched it on television, and the style of play is strikingly similar to the Primera Liga. Fast, action-paced football. However, it lacks a certain oomph.

How can something fast and action-packed lack oomph?

The last time Singapore football even remotely resembled La Liga was when we thumped Pahang 4-0, in my opinion :D

But I've played with Woodlands, gets redundant because even after 6 years of winning everything in sight, my career prospects are akin to... well, they are lacking.

Singapore football is fast and action-packed, but sorely lacking in quality (and attendances). That's what he was perhaps trying to get across. Sometimes you wonder if it's a bunch of schoolboys playing. The only oomph is when the guy with the snacks meanders through the non-existent crowd.

yeah, it needs some work to improve, but it will get there. i can't wait until all the Asian leagues reach their potential.

it's fun to play, but like the A-League it does get a bit easy after a couple of season, and unless you want to to also manage in Malaysia, India, or Indonesia then I wouldn't go there as they are the only places that will look at you after a stellar career in Singapore. Although, I did see Seongnam (South Korea) hire the ex Woodlands manager in 1 game (he was promptly sacked after 8 consecutive losses!)

I always start with the S-League. Pretty interesting league to play and a bit of a challenge. Would recommend it.

I have the MLS and the English leagues loaded too but after 6 seasons I still haven't won everything so I'll continue playing for a pretty long time. At least till FM 09 come out. hehehe

I'd recommend Woodlands, Tampines or Home United. Have fun.

To be honest, I am a Singaporean! I open this thread is because I want to see how much people on this forum know about Singaporean football. Well, I am amazed that people here know so much! Well I once played a game in FM 07 with Sengkang Punggol FC, the club that is nearest to my house. It was a complete disaster! I came in last for first two seasons and was relegated! So I also wanted opinion of people which team to play.

Hey Warkill, I'd recomend Woodlands, had a great time there for 5 seasons before shifting to lower league England (I had a Professional rating at the start, so bit of a cheat). No real money, but some average to good youth helped me with 4 of the 5 years, i think i even went undefeated for 1 season

Hey Warkill, I'd recomend Woodlands, had a great time there for 5 seasons before shifting to lower league England (I had a Professional rating at the start, so bit of a cheat). No real money, but some average to good youth helped me with 4 of the 5 years, i think i even went undefeated for 1 season

Oh okay, thanks buddy! Woodlands always seems to be a good team in my game, and I always lose to teams like Home Utd, SAFFC, and Woodlands!

Hey Warkill,

try using Home United, SAFFC, Woodlands or Tampines. Those would be easier. I am using Knap's tactics now and its helping me alot.

Thanks, but I prefer playing with the underdogs. The underdogs like sengkang, balestier are more fun to win with! And also, I also play with stable teams like Young lions, gombak, and maybe woodlands. I appreciate your comments though! Come on FM 2009!

• 11 months later...
To be honest, I am a Singaporean! I open this thread is because I want to see how much people on this forum know about Singaporean football. Well, I am amazed that people here know so much! Well I once played a game in FM 07 with Sengkang Punggol FC, the club that is nearest to my house. It was a complete disaster! I came in last for first two seasons and was relegated! So I also wanted opinion of people which team to play.

what are your signings?

I am playing S League in FM 2009...the last time was in FM 2007 which was a blast as I played a good 20 seasons and did the unimaginable...winning World Cup with puny Singapore.

Anyway on FM 2009, things are much more difficult and players in the Singapore League are pretty shoddy due to their PA/CA.

Of course I did some believable tweaking with stats but still it's hard.

Just love to see the new regens with potential coming through every start of the season

I am playing S League in FM 2009...the last time was in FM 2007 which was a blast as I played a good 20 seasons and did the unimaginable...winning World Cup with puny Singapore.

Anyway on FM 2009, things are much more difficult and players in the Singapore League are pretty shoddy due to their PA/CA.

Of course I did some believable tweaking with stats but still it's hard.

Just love to see the new regens with potential coming through every start of the season

How did you manage to win the World Cup with puny Singapore???? Did you cheat?? LOL!!!

:D

How did you manage to win the World Cup with puny Singapore???? Did you cheat?? LOL!!!

:D

Of course!

But seriously it was by recruiting plenty of Foreign Talents mix with some decent regens.

I managed to work my way through France or Spain which are like the best sides during that time and when I meet Serbia in the final, there was not going to be an upset :D

Archived