So how did i learn Arabic

wardog

Ok ive been manageing Rangers for over 4 years now, since the start of the game. Ive never been to an Arabic for a tour or anyhting nor have i signed any players who speak Arabic. Yet as you can see from this screenshot i can speak Arabic. How the hell.

66414510hx1.jpg

In Morocco they do speak Arabic aswell as French. Generally neither of them is a dominant language, they are both learnt as a child. Arabic though, is essential to the religion of the country so therefore maybe it is seen as more important.

Morocco is an arabic country therefore the official language is Arabic.

But that is awfully quick to learn a language. I was in charge of Greece for almost 6 months before I got Greek (basic) to show up on my profile, and after 2 years it finally said I'd mastered the language. Are some managers just slow?

There you go, you've found you're hidden talent.

I think I remember you wardog from that website, The SSF.

Yea you probably would do lol.

So 6 games amanageing a nation you master the lanuage. If thats the case i think ill apply for the next Japan or China job get all the hardest lanuages of the world lol.

Feeder clubs or 2nd Nationality!
Wild stab in the dark, but are you an arab?

No im Scottish. thought the screen shot showed that. And feeder club been answered. Im thinking like a number of others it my short space of ime i spent at morocco.

I was joking btw. You have to remember a short space of time in International Management is probably over a season in club terms, i.e. it might only be 6 games, but in Int Man those 6 games are spread over 18 months. That gives plenty of time to learn the language.

Yea but i have no Morroccan Knowledge. Also I have 50% finnish Knowledge, No second nat, No feeder clubs that way, no management(only left scotland for Morocco), no coaches that way, nor any players. Im so confused at why i know about a league i never loaded. I now understand why i know Arabic.

Yea but i have no Morroccan Knowledge. Also I have 50% finnish Knowledge, No second nat, No feeder clubs that way, no management(only left scotland for Morocco), no coaches that way, nor any players. Im so confused at why i know about a league i never loaded. I now understand why i know Arabic.

Did you have anyone with Finnish nationality or league experience in your staff when you were managing Morocco?

You lose the knowledge of nations you have managed a short while after you leave them.

The finnish knowledge comes from a in game fault I think.

Nope no scouts. Also know Russian but i get on well with Roman Pavlyuchenko and Andrey Arshavin, also had Ankiveev for a year so i can justify that.

Screenshots.

blogep9.th.jpgthpix.gif

partyuv7.th.jpgthpix.gif

more on next post wont let me post them all on this one

No offense, but having managed Morocco and then wondering where Arabic came from is a bit embarassing, huh?

Wait. Ok last time i was at school they taught me Moroccans spoke French. And the majority of Africa spoke Swahili. Which i also learned a bit of IRL during a trip to Kenya, can only mind hello now though because it reminds me of a song.

Plus the fact i was only managing Marrocco for 6 games. I had managed Maderia in Poirtuagal for 4 seasons in a previos game and only knew basic Portugese. Dont tell me whats embarrasing. Ive suffered embarassing moments all my life, and this is just a bit of someone who knows to much against someone who doesnt really care about lanuages of the world apart from the little bit he learnt in school and he may need when on holiday.

Rest of the screenshots.

team1vh8.th.jpgthpix.gif

team2hu4.th.jpgthpix.gif

Morocco a former French colony, hense why they speak French. We where learning about Colonies at the time. The African thing i was a bit in a mood. IIRC it just a bit of west africa that speaks Swahili.

So i appoligise for the last post as well as i did go a little over board, hot tempered. Hense the name war dog.

sometimes you learn the language of a country you manage quicker than other times, its just how the game works. in one of my old games i tried learning as many languages as i could by managing different countries to improve my CV. nice part of the game. poor countries though, i usually ditched them after i learnt the language.

not all. i stuck with turkey through even in the world cup and got them to the quarters or semis i cant remember. but yea, go out there and improve your CV! yes i imagine you got arabic from managing morrocco, i think it is a muslim country. and i think muslims speak arabic.

Ok ive been manageing Rangers for over 4 years now, since the start of the game. Ive never been to an Arabic for a tour or anyhting nor have i signed any players who speak Arabic. Yet as you can see from this screenshot i can speak Arabic. How the hell.

66414510hx1.jpg

Think of it, Britain is very multi-cultural especially people coming from Pakistan, India and what not.

Think of it, aren't schools now starting to teach Arabic as well as Spanish in schools now?

favored staff??

Thats all the staff ive had since i came except for Gerd Muller who retired two seasons ago.

Think of it, Britain is very multi-cultural especially people coming from Pakistan, India and what not.

Think of it, aren't schools now starting to teach Arabic as well as Spanish in schools now?

I wouldnt know, i dropped French and German never mind thinking about any other lanuages. I think its also maybe a little differnt in the Borders compared to Glasgows and Londons. In the borders id been stunning to see someone from the middle east, honestly NOT MEANING THIS AS RASIST, but even the small newsagents are all British owned and only forien shop ive seen here in my lifetime remembers was a Polish Delhi thats now shut down. There about the only non brits here except for the Bangladeshi people who own the local Hotel lol.

I highly doubt that this was coded into the game. And anyway, Britain's largest minorities aren't Arabic-speaking. Pakistanis speak Urdu, Bangladeshis speak Bengali and Indians speak a variety of languages depending on which part of India they originate from. So I suspect your point is pretty irrelevant.

Archived