So easy to sign players?

after each summer, most teams use there transfer budgets to increase and better there current squads, then we come along and take control of our choosen team and have millions more to spend.

I find it very easy to go out and sign loads of young up and coming stars, sign the best of the players in your league if your below the prem with a team with cash spare.

IRL you dont get many Championship teams raiding 6 or 7 of the best players dotted around other teams in the same league, yet as humans we tend to get away with it..

it can be along job scouting players as the game age etc but at the start, im not so sure we should have large transfer funds seen as most clubs have spent there summer cash. does any one else have any thing to add on the transfers?

You are right to some extent. We are given too much money at the start of the game when IRL the teams have already spent the transfer budget, its like having two budgets for one summer transfer window.

But you could also look at it and think 'Maybe thats what the RL manager had avaliable to him that he didn't want to spend'?

You are right to some extent. We are given too much money at the start of the game when IRL the teams have already spent the transfer budget, its like having two budgets for one summer transfer window.

But you could also look at it and think 'Maybe thats what the RL manager had avaliable to him that he didn't want to spend'?

Hence the option to start without the transfer budget in the 1st season.

Hence the option to start without the transfer budget in the 1st season.

I didn't even know this option exsisted lol. If I select it does that mean that no club in the game has money in the first transfer window? Or just my team?

id like a lil bit of cash but maybe not as much, if it's real life the game try and simulate why is it not built in as standerd? ie teams that have spent there cash have to wait until Jan window or next summer? Just think that area of the game needs to be a little bit harder cos it's very easy to build up a squad of 10 young strikers and sell them all at a profit. IRL a top team wouldnt go out and buy 10 new striker touted the next Wayne Rooney etc. yet for us we could get away with it and still smell of roses

id like a lil bit of cash but maybe not as much' date=' if it's real life the game try and simulate why is it not built in as standerd? ie teams that have spent there cash have to wait until Jan window or next summer? Just think that area of the game needs to be a little bit harder cos it's very easy to build up a squad of 10 young strikers and sell them all at a profit. IRL a top team wouldnt go out and buy 10 new striker touted the next Wayne Rooney etc. yet for us we could get away with it and still smell of roses[/quote']

It isn't realistic to have the squads we do in most cases anyway. When does the game start when you begin managing in England? I can't remember off-hand, but it is some time at the start of June. A lot of those players who were signed in that summer are therefore totally bogus because they were really signed after the date at which you take over the club. Ideally we should have an option to start with a realistic database with players at the clubs they should be at when the game starts not when the game gets released after the transfer window closes!

It'd be tough to follow through.

Say SI do as glamdring says there and start with a realistic database, with the squads defaulted to "as they were" at the beginning of the transfer window and teams have their original transfer budget; many FM'ers start with the team they support and would want to sign some of the players their team have signed IRL. With FM being as it is, you probably wouldn't be able to sign anybody you want for a realistic fee.

Take me managing Liverpool for example:

In FM08, if Torres was omitted from the team and I tried to sign him from Atletico (Which I'd most certainly do!), they would probably ask for, oh, £80M+ for him? Impossible, even though he was really signed for about £22M (estimates vary) which would be affordable given Liverpool's initial transfer budget of £28M

This idea would be good if transfer fees in FM were even remotely close to realistic.

It'd be tough to follow through.

Say SI do as glamdring says there and start with a realistic database, with the squads defaulted to "as they were" at the beginning of the transfer window and teams have their original transfer budget; many FM'ers start with the team they support and would want to sign some of the players their team have signed IRL. With FM being as it is, you probably wouldn't be able to sign anybody you want for a realistic fee.

Take me managing Liverpool for example:

In FM08, if Torres was omitted from the team and I tried to sign him from Atletico (Which I'd most certainly do!), they would probably ask for, oh, £80M+ for him? Impossible, even though he was really signed for about £22M (estimates vary) which would be affordable given Liverpool's initial transfer budget of £28M

This idea would be good if transfer fees in FM were even remotely close to realistic.

Furthermore, what you would get is the same fans who create transfer update databases now doing the same, just for the start of the game - so it would be pointless work on the part of SI to remove them.

If you think that's a problem, just untick the box that says "allow transfers in first window".

Magic.

Exactly.

This option exists because of course it is unrealistic to have two transfer budgets at the start of the game. However, many budgets are not that big and maybe it is not the worst idea to give us human managers a little head start in the game. That head starts leads to more fun (no transfers in the first period shall be considered boring by many) and more success if we strengthen the squad well (means again means more fun to the most). If you don't like that, there is still the option for you.

That's the Dennis Wise option! "Here's a bunch of players - we know you didn't sign them, we know they mysterioously were at the club before you arrived even though technically they were signed after, but tough luck, you get no transfer money and you have to manage these players, whether you wanted them or not"

Like most things in FM, if you feel there is too much money in the game and it's too easy to sign players then do something about it. Others have told you what to do about the transfer budget. If you also want to avoid signing all the same top quality youngsters every game then only sign players recommended to you by your scouts. If your scouts don't find them and recommend them then you don't buy them.

The game is incredibly customisable, you can make it as easy or as difficult as you like.

Archived