Well my FM08 is over for good.

Now i cant play the game.

There was a power cut when my fm was loading and now i cant play. If i load the game or start a new game it says there is an error created in crash dumps and closes down. It advises me to run chkdisk which i did and it gets to 2% before saying failed due to error.

Looks like its back to fm07 for me

There was a power cut when my fm was loading and now i cant play. If i load the game or start a new game it says there is an error created in crash dumps and closes down. It advises me to run chkdisk which i did and it gets to 2% before saying failed due to error.

Fix the inode tree or suffer more crashes.

IE, get chkdisk or another program to fix your file system. You should be fine after that. If not you'll likely need a clean install of the OS.

I have unistalled via the add/remove programs but will try the manual uninstall later. cheers for advice.

There was backups to the game but the fact is i cant do anything. Every game i load it says the thing about crash dumps and even when i start a new game.

There was a file when i wan uninstalling, a save game that i couldnt delete. It just says the file and directory is corrupted and unreadable

I have unistalled via the add/remove programs but will try the manual uninstall later. cheers for advice.

There was backups to the game but the fact is i cant do anything. Every game i load it says the thing about crash dumps and even when i start a new game.

There was a file when i wan uninstalling, a save game that i couldnt delete. It just says the file and directory is corrupted and unreadable

This is because your inode tree is busted.

That is why chkdisk ran.

Fix the file system / hard drive and it is highly likely that everything will run just fine.

Don't fix it and its possible nothing will run well or the problems will increase.

Youre 90% screwed then, its lost.

The disk itself could be physically damaged.

Who cares ?

Who cares ?

If all your imput is to this conversation is 'who cares' then really you shouldnt have bothered inputting anything at all. Obviously just an attempt to boost your number of posts.

Im not going for sympathy it was a suttle hint as to whether anyone had any ideas how to fix it. I greatly appreciate all the ideas posted but there is always someone like you who has no positive imput whatsoever

If all your imput is to this conversation is 'who cares' then really you shouldnt have bothered inputting anything at all. Obviously just an attempt to boost your number of posts.

Im not going for sympathy it was a suttle hint as to whether anyone had any ideas how to fix it. I greatly appreciate all the ideas posted but there is always someone like you who has no positive imput whatsoever

Yes, it really annoys me when people do this, it is also peculiar that he says it after a number of posts are made from people who do care. Good luck with whatever happens next :D

WE ARE BACK ALIVE!

After completing a manual uninstallation to no effect i noticed that several components in my C drive were failing. Bad times. It got to the point where the only thing i had left to do was a system restore. I set my computer back a week and alas, the corrupt files were finally deleted. Now to reinstall my skin, logo's etc. Cheers for help guys and gals

WE ARE BACK ALIVE!

After completing a manual uninstallation to no effect i noticed that several components in my C drive were failing. Bad times. It got to the point where the only thing i had left to do was a system restore. I set my computer back a week and alas, the corrupt files were finally deleted. Now to reinstall my skin, logo's etc. Cheers for help guys and gals

Great you got it working. :D

WE ARE BACK ALIVE!

It's all because of the luck i gave you, admit it!

WE ARE BACK ALIVE!

Who cares ? etc.

Incorrect, given the fact you said "your" instead of "you're" (it's really a stupid mistake to make) suggests you've just failed your SATS.

Really grown up, demonstrating your suspect superiority on an internet forum, bet you are the equivalent of gareth keenan in real life.

Incorrect, given the fact you said "your" instead of "you're" (it's really a stupid mistake to make) suggests you've just failed your SATS.

It's really people like this that has seen the tone on these message board take a turn for the worse over the years. I mean what the hell, if you got nothing to say, then don't say it. No one is going to accuse you of being mute.

But back to the OP, whatever happened to you has happened to me before. Game was saving when I accidentally turned off the power. It's unfortunate, especially since you have invested time into the game. I know how it feels.

WE ARE BACK ALIVE!

I'm glad. You may want to run a sector fixing / filesystem fix now anyway. System restore only does so much for you. Never give up a good game!

Archived