Ultimatums

Has anyone ever gave the board an ultimatum and not gotten fired? I just tried it on my Redditch save for kicks (newly promoted BSP team with 100k in the bank, and they won't give me transfer funds) and I got fired.

Anyway, has it worked for anyone? and if not, why is it there if it doesn't work?

tried a lot of times just for fun, to try it out ... and never got what i wanted..... even when i was with a Portuguese team PORTO, had already won 2 champion leagues, 4 national championships, 4 cups and 4 super cups .... they always warned me the first time and the second one i got sacked ... always

My worst sacking ever was through this. IIRC it was back on FM06 may have been 07. Took a struggling Oxford side from league One to the Premiership in 2 seasons(first one was deserved the Championship was a fluke becuse i changed my tactics at half ime confused the opponents). They gave me £50K to spend. I knew the team wouldnt win a game in the premiership so requested funds. No. So ultimatium(they did have the money too spend too) I get sacked. They get relegated two seasons running.

I've won 23 trophies in 9 years with Chimney Corner who were a nothing team before i took charge, i decided to try it out for a laugh.

Obviously i saved first but even with the record i have with them i was sacked, i won't be trying that seriously any time soon.

Its harder in this game, I had a West Ham game in CM01/02 and it was impossible for me to get sacked. Was with them for 10 seasons got them plenty of trophies, Prem/CL etc. I wanted to increase the stadium so I gave 3 ultimatums, 1st 2 were warnings and 3rd time they caved in! There were a few I had also given before that. I think what has changed now is the board confidence. The West Hame board were always delighted with me, when I gave them Ultimatum it would just knock me down to satisfied for a few weeks. Now boards are generally just pleased with the new board confidence.

I've tried it a couple of times just out of curiosity, just after I saved the game, and have always been fired.

Of course, I was quitting the game anyway and had no intention of issuing a genuine ultimatum to the board.

I think you have to be regarded as highly as Wenger or Ferguson to get away with it.

I did it once with valencia but i'm not sure if it was fm08 or 07... They didn't have much money but they risked it and gave me funds but warned me there would be consequences if i failed. I've never been warned though its either a sacking or money!(well, once)

Don't have a clue how i did or what lol.

Archived