polish league anyone?

rsk360

do many people play the polish league here?

because they have some decent players and its a good challenge :)

whenever i do it, im always Wisla Krakow :p

Good challenge? With Wisla? Probably the best Polish club? What kind of challenge is that? Winning most titles in a row?

Try something different, like managing Slask Wroclaw, should be more fun.

As I'm learning Polish, I intend to play in the Polish leagues next year. Learn a bit geographically and test out my pronunciation. For example, Slask Wroclaw is pronounced Slarsk Vrotswaf (no idea why you devoice the final w though! ).

lol you don't...its just the way that its pronounced :)

Yes you do - if you didn't it would be pronounced Vrotswav. That's what I don't understand. Do you do that to every word or just some?

lol im polish and i've happen to have gone to one of their pre-season friendlies when i was visiting family (and what a game it was) and unless im reading it wrong then i would write Wroclaw Vrotsav because f and v are similar :)

Yes you do - if you didn't it would be pronounced Vrotswav. That's what I don't understand. Do you do that to every word or just some? :confused:

Yep, almost all of them (not all, though -, thus, e.g. m or n stay voiced). What normally is a voiced consonant, will be devoiced in Polish finally - it works just like in German, really. Plus we also devoice consonants next to another voiceless one; so krówka "little cow" will be pronounced with a -FK-. Reason? - well, it's easier to pronounce, for example.

By the way, in English you also have partial devoicing of some of your consonants finally AND also at the beginning of a word, as in DeaD or BoB, y'know? :p

Oh, yeah, get ready for some major confusion. Czech has a number of very cute features though, like impossible consonant clusters - check out this entire sentence in Czech without a single vowel :D.

The Czech league on the other hand is great fun, I have found breaking the domination of Prague teams to be a very difficult task.

I gave that a listen...Yippee! :) Impossible consonant clusters! Truly sure about wanting to live in Prague now :) - Prague is a beautiful city, though, and it has as many vowels as it has consonants, so jackpot there then!

• 6 months later...

I'm originally from the Slask region of Poland :) After my current FC Antwerp save I'm going to start with a Polish one..

Anyone still living in Poland tell me if I can play teams from Gliwice/Katowice/Ruda region as that's where I'm from.

Thanks.

Archived