Goal Kicks in FM2008

Is there any way to force keeper playing short passes to defenders from goal kicks? I tried different distribution settings but goalkeeper still plays long balls to strikers and they loses most of headers with my opponent defenders. At this point the only solution I see is using strikers with high header abilities - it doesn't change my keeper's distribution but increases my chances to win the ball with the defenders.

Changing distrubution normally works. Perhaps it's the keeper's "decisions"?

I have just tested it playing real madrid in one friendly game. I've told keeper to play with short passes to central defender. Casillas decisions is 17 so I think it is enough to distribute ball in the way I expected. I have to admin that he played most balls according to these settings but.... all goal kicks were played with long balls - it looks like distribution settings doesn't apply to goal kicks. It is quite frustrating in blue square south - my team is one of the weakest teams in the league and sometimes my keeper has to execute even 30 goal kicks in the match - and most long balls my keeper plays are taken by opponent's defenders.

As far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely NO WAY to force your keeper to play short passes to the defenders! I mean, they will do that 80% of the times, but there will always be a good 20% of long kicks (usually toward your shortest striker, who is man-marked by a defender with jumping 19) :-)

Archived