How fitting, indeed. (1000th game)

My announcement of the 1000th game:

1000gameeditti9.jpg

I love it. I'm more than likely gonna lose horribly, considering Arsenal has been the best club in the world for a long time, but I might as well give it a try.

If I win, it would be a fitting end to this game file, as I've been looking for a reason to switch to FM08 (and later 09).

1000gamewingy3.jpg

:D:D:D

Awesome. I was nervous when my star striker and League top goalscorer was injured, but it ended up alright. On a side note, the player who scored against me was a guy who I worked through my youth system and sold a few years back. Should have tried to keep him, methinks.

Fitting end to the file, indeed.

Why have you blocked out your name though at every conceivable oppurtunity? What does it matter if people know your first name? :confused:

Does that really make a difference? Surely it is up to the person if they want to disclose their name and if they don't I can certainly understand why.

On this topic also, AndreTheShadow, if you gave yourself a nickname it be much easier for you than having to edit the screenshot.

Congratulations AndreTheShadow :thup:

How's 2025 in your game?

Pretty cool. I'm only running Norway, England and Italy, though.

Gareth Southgate is running Arsenal.

John Terry is running Chelsea (no surprise there)

Fabio Cannavarro is running Man U.

Some dude named Ochoa is running Liverpool (he apparently plays for America (MEX) IRL).

Gianluigi Buffon is running Valencia

John Carver (Ass Man at Leeds) is running Milan (!)

There's nothing but regens everywhere. My last original player (Martin Skrtel) retired just a few months back in game at the age of 40.

Oh, and Slovenia won the 2022 World Cup after a 1-0 win over Italy (in Italy, no less).

Middlesbrough is one of the top 4 in England, and Chelsea Just avoided relegation for the third season in a row.

And it seems like every Norwegian team has 12 Brazilians on it...

dam 2025. I get bored after winning everything year after year lol

You have to play a team that DOESN'T win everything to make it fun.

Granted, my Rosenborg has won the league all but two times since I took over, but there's always the Norwegian Cup, Champions League or UEFA Cup or the Royal League.

Sure, the Royal League and the Norwegian Cup is easy to win sometimes, but sometimes you just lose. And the CL is ALWAYS a challenge. When you're a team like Rosenborg, Milan or Arsenal poses quite a challenge.

Why have you blocked out your name though at every conceivable oppurtunity? What does it matter if people know your first name? :confused:

Must agree here - as far as i care people can know my name - i won't be adding my bank details to screen shots :D

On topic - awesome that you got the CL final as your 1000th game, and then won it, well done!

Thats gotta be the best ending to a save ever 1000th game and a champions league win. A few questions if you dont mind me asking how much money did you build up did you make the club rich? Have you won the champions leauge before?

I won the CL once, 10 years before almost to the day, and played in the final twice. Most years I dropped in the knockout rounds or quarter-finals, though.

My transfer budget at the beginning of the season was NOK500 mil (roughly 48 million GBP), but that was bolstered to around NOK715 (68 mil GBP) through some sales. The two player sales I made are another reason why I want to end the game, since they were some of my favorites.

Pretty cool. I'm only running Norway, England and Italy, though.

Gareth Southgate is running Arsenal.

John Terry is running Chelsea (no surprise there)

Fabio Cannavarro is running Man U.

Some dude named Ochoa is running Liverpool (he apparently plays for America (MEX) IRL).

Gianluigi Buffon is running Valencia

John Carver (Ass Man at Leeds) is running Milan (!)

There's nothing but regens everywhere. My last original player (Martin Skrtel) retired just a few months back in game at the age of 40.

Oh, and Slovenia won the 2022 World Cup after a 1-0 win over Italy (in Italy, no less).

Middlesbrough is one of the top 4 in England, and Chelsea Just avoided relegation for the third season in a row.

And it seems like every Norwegian team has 12 Brazilians on it...

lol John Carver is manager of TFC right now IRL. Me thinks Director of Football Mo Johnston might sack him soon! :D

Archived